Huzzah for a new knife!

Just got a BM-30 in the mail! Finally, something to make this crap-tastic Valentine's Day much happier. Yee-haw! The guy I bought it from told me it was a 4", but I don't mind in the least that it isn't, because I was told I can only carry a 3" blade in ROTC.:D It's in nice shape too, not NIB, but fairly close. It's certainly nicer than my beat-up PC-69 that's been my EDC, so I think it's replacing it as of now! :cool:

Well, I don't have a digital camera, but I may be able to borrow one from someone, and get some photos up in the next few days. Then again, it's just a production model, so it's not a real big deal, most people know what it looks like.

awesome I'd be jumping through hoops right now if I was you. Actually I may do it anyway.

And remember the only thing worse than getting yourself a Valentine's gift is stiffing yourself on a Valentine's gift (I didn't get me nothing that mean bastid :mad: )

To be honest, I don't really like the LOOK (cause I've never handled one) of the bm30. Not hidden pins (which I don't really like that much...), and not countersunk holes (which I'm definately not crazy about). And just to get even more enemies, I can't really say I love the 3"ers either (but that's more a personal opinion).

Anyway, congrats on your new knife, and happy Valentine's day! :D
Sorry if I ruined your day. :(

Congrats!! A BM 30 was my first bali ever, it'll always have a special place in my heart:)

Cool little knife Andrew! Good for you.., that'll make a nice little user for you...

"Hunters sweek what they [WANT].., Seerks hunt what they [NEED]"

Whoops. :eek: After taking a better look at some pics online of blade profiles, turns out this is a BM-10 not a BM-30. Haven't really ever heard anyone talk about the 10. So, anybody feeling like talkin'? Are they easier/harder to find than a 30 is? ;)

Thanks! That's a handy link...yeah, it's a 10 for sure. :D I actually kinda like the utility blade more. I've also noticed that the blade is substantially lighter than that of my 69.

Is model 10 from BM or PC?

I don't know much about PC or BM, but I do know that PC had a model 10 which was almost identical to their model 68 except for the fact that it didn't have countersunk holes or polished pins.

Hey guys and gals, I have a mint in the box model #10 somewhere in here... hold on let me dig around... ahh yes here it is in my left workboot. Let me wipe off the dust and cobwebs. OK it say Pacific cutlery and boy I forgot how nice these were!!! Maybe i'll leave it out a while. Wait a minute... Heres another just the same. Oh isn't life just sweeeeeet! Now just to figure out if it's the real box or not. Maybe someone a little more educated could tell me for sure? Thanks. Oh and welcome biohazard, good to see you in here.

Originally posted by ixpfah
Is model 10 from BM or PC?
Both. The Model 10 was a carry over model from the PC days to the early BM days. As is the 11, 68 and 69. The PC 10's will have the Butterfly logo and the Pat. # information on the tang. It will also have the straight end grind on the blade. BM's won't have the Pat. # info on them, and I'm still in the dark as to what happened to all those patents.

Back