I can't believe I did it....

I was getting out of my fiances car, when the clip of my Pioneer II caught on the steering wheel. The resulting torque of me pulling away twisted the clip on the axis of the screw and tore a gash in the G10 handle. Now the clip is loose, and I cannot think of an adequate way to repair this.

I thought of either a)filling the gash in with something such as solder or b)drilling new holes (either for tip-up or down carry, I'm not sure which would be better). Is there any ideas y'all have that may be better? Please give some advice. Thanks guys.

This is an easy one to answer, just send me the knife for disposal. It is obviously defective and dangerous for continued use.:D I would just throw away the clip and get a sheath from our own G2 aka Gary Graely( Sorry for screwing up the spelling of your name Gary :() If you must break out the power tools, I would think that drilling it for tip up would be easy. I just thought of something, why not find a clip off of another knife with a different hole pattern. You could then still srill it for tip down. Just a thought.

Of course! I COULD send it to you for my own safety. Where would I ever be without heroes like you...haha.

Yeah, I think a sheath is what I may do,at least for the winter. After all, I find the REKATs do feel better to me without a clip. My Carnie Cub is clipless by choice, so why not leave the Pioneer. Maybe come spring I'll feel differently, as shorts are harder to put a sheath on. Good call. Thanks man.

Blackwatch,

I just happen to have a kydex sheath for a clip-less REKAT Pioneer II, for "right-hand" that I don't use. It has a "G-clip", and is for a 1&1/4-1&1/2 wide belt. It carries the Pioneer II very well.

If you want it, e-mail me with an offer. (Knives, knife-books, Money Order, etc.:).

That sounds like a good offer....however, I am currently unemployed, plus getting married soon, so I have very limited funds.

If you think that sheath is something you may have around for a bit, I can get back to you in a couple of weeks and make you a decent offer.

Thank you very much. I am keeping your email address around so I can reach you when I have some $$$. Hopefully soon.

Problem solved! glockman99 traded his sheath for one of my knives. should be here soon...can't wait!!!

Thanks glockman99!

Blackwatch,

Yah, I think that you will really like the sheath that I sent to you. It holds the knife very well (the knife firmly snaps in and out), and carries great. I also have a Pioneer without a pocket-clip (an older Pioneer I), and after rounding the beveled edges of the G-10 scales, that knife feels EXCELLENT in my hand, without the darn clip getting in the way.:).

Back