I can't help it...I want SCHWAG.

I don't want to go crazy, but I've been thinking off and on of doing something- t shirts, patches, coins, stickers- something. I mean, at least *I* should have shirts. (And Koyote Girl, of course. But in her case definitely tank tops!)....

So I need input.

The only thing I can think of that I would really want in shirts is basic OD or brown, with just the basic maker's mark and name.

I've been debating patches, decals, and coins. I have a love for challenge coins, it's an institutional thing. Expensive to set up, but the coin is kind of a cool thing in terms of durability. They are cast, no way to make them work as firesteels, alas.

If you wanted anything, what would you want?

Shirts and a coin sound cool.

Some leather goods with your name on it might also be a hit. Leather bracelet/cuff, maybe a keychain?

Produce a nice shirt and I will buy it to advertise for you. That is a deal that can't be beat.

we've thought about doing leather keytags with some of the scraps....

And I do need KG in a koyote knives tank top, this is true.

I need to see what the local screen printers are charging.

And get a coin made up sometime next year

A t-shirt that a 40 year old gentleman can wear that doesn't make him look like a punk ass kid, or an old fart who wants to look like a punk ass kid :D

It's a pity Koyote girl is leaving or I'd suggest a Koyote Wallet !

we have a wallet design that's not bad and easy enough to make- might do some up.

(pit, did I answer your questions in the other thread?)

I can't handle 'loud' t shirts. I'm seriously thinking of about a 3 inch round logo on left breast and that's it. I might add sierra's tagline for me "bossman" on one of mine on the back, and "sheath goddess" on hers for the hell of it, but in a general T shirt, just one logo. My maker's mark in a circle with "Koyote Custom Knives" around the outside. I'm boring.

My idea on the coind is the same. pewter color metal with a red enamel fill in the negative space. the mark on one sode with "koyote custom knives" and a ...something on the back, maybe a coyote (imagine that)- with the tag line "extraordinary knives for every use" around the edge....... Apparently you can get them serialized for a few cents extra.

I like the T-shirt idea. Maybe hemp. Or organic cotton. Natural dye or Iron pigment. Hmmm...natural iron pigment dye is a must now that I think about it. Small chest decal would be fine and traditional, but what about a big Leuku with a handle that started over the right shoulder blade and then wrapped down and under the left arm to end with the tip over the navel? Big and dramatic. Maybe more of a scetch than an actual picture.

I like your logo "Extraordinary knives for every use", but I'd be tempted to make it punchier or pithier: "Real Steel for the real world". Might need to work on that some.

The other thing I'd like to see would be a round adhesive decal to affix to a car (or motorcycle) bumper or window. How cool would it be to be able to spot another Koyote fan while driving across the country?

I'll talk to the local screening guys- it's entirely possible that I can get a couple screens done. Once the screens are done, any shirt I bring them is good to go :)

The stickers are another idea- once I have a graphic for both sides of the coin, making patches and stickers that match is pretty easy.

I was thinking the same thing: pick a side of the coin to use as the model for a decal.

Ask the local guy about the iron-pigment dye though. I had one such shirt and it aged and faded in a very cool way. Besides, it's made with iron.

Koyote,

I've bought shirts and fleeces with my company logo from an out fit called Queendboro, you just e-mail them your logo and they will put it on anything. Very inexpensive, quality is OK (not L.L. Bean)....

id dig a shirt! organic cotton is nice!

.....now im reminiscing of my younger days with pixel art and homemade paste.... :)

BRING THE SCH-WAG!!!!

Coin could be used in a firesteel- just cut a slot in the firesteel, set in the edge of the coin and drill and pin the coin to the steel- like a key handle, should be able to still see most of the design on the coin and then it is useful schwag too! I like the shirt idea as well.

I'd like a hemp long sleeve tee, in an OD green or a coyote tan with your and Sierra's makers mark on it somehow.

Back