I got some interesting Elephant

sheathmaker

Custom Leather Sheaths
Fisk:Elephant.jpg Just finished up this pouch with a two tone Elephant inlay. First time I've had any with any lighter colors. I only picked up a small sample, and now I wish I had bought a lot more. The sheath is Brown Wickett&Craig 7/8 oz split veg tan skirting with 2 OZ. Deer skin rolled lining. Knife is by Jerry Fisk MS.

Paul

Last edited:
Fantastic Paul! don't ya hate that. Ya know that there won't be anymore don't ya?

Does the current interstate commerce ban only cover elephant ivory or does it cover all elephant "products?"

Joe, that question is above my pay grade, but so far I've neither seen nor heard anything banning tanned Elephant leather and as far as I know it does not even have to have the CITES tag like many of the reptilian skins must have. (Alligator, Crocodile etc.)

Paul

I can't use it here in the Peoples Republik but thats a state law.

Just finished up this pouch with a two tone Elephant inlay. First time I've had any with any lighter colors. I only picked up a small sample, and now I wish I had bought a lot more. The sheath is Brown Wickett&Craig 7/8 oz split veg tan skirting with 2 OZ. Deer skin rolled lining. Knife is by Jerry Fisk MS.Paul

As usual that is a beautiful sheath Paul.

If you have a chance in the future to get some hide from the ear it has a completely different texture with tiny raised dots. Beautiful for inlays and small pocket knife pouches.

Looking for ward to seeing you in a few weeks Sir.:)

Great sheath Paul. The Elephant inlay is incredible. Would you be kind enough to take and post a photo of the back of the sheath if you still have it.
Thanks

Great sheath Paul. The Elephant inlay is incredible. Would you be kind enough to take and post a photo of the back of the sheath if you still have it.
Thanks

The back of the sheath posted above.

Paul

Attachments

• 100_3970.jpg
    100_3970.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 46
Oh yea. The client will really like this. You never fail to do top work my friend. Thank you.

I checked with my source and he still has some of this Elephant. If you are interested, contact me off forum and I'll give you his contact information.

Paul

CITES tag for alligators that have not only gone from threatened to being a nuisance animal, but are also farmed for meat and skins? Sheesh.
Joe, that question is above my pay grade, but so far I've neither seen nor heard anything banning tanned Elephant leather and as far as I know it does not even have to have the CITES tag like many of the reptilian skins must have. (Alligator, Crocodile etc.)

Paul

CITES tag for alligators that have not only gone from threatened to being a nuisance animal, but are also farmed for meat and skins? Sheesh.

Sadly laws are often late to the game, probably one of the reasons they were endangered in the first place.

Back