I have decided to Test a $350 Plus STRIDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
12? 13?

im gonna laugh when you break it, sorry. if you break it legit, that would be the way to test the warranty and proove something, setting out intentionally to break it? that proves your gonna get laughed at by a lot of people for spending 350$ and breaking it on purpose...

I seriously doubt you have the cajones to do it. This little review thread will never show up i have a feeling.

hi noss4
go ahead and e-mail me your name and address and I will send you a knife you can test out
as long as you provide a documented test record

josh@striderknives.com

and yes I do work at Strider Knives

I knew there were strider employees on here !

However: I will have to decline your free knife offer. It would not be a fair test. I don't want to be under any Company influence. I will proceed with the test as planed.

Thanks anyway

LOL. ill take it! document the testing and all. ill even return it!

LOL.

Noss, on the punk'd scale i think you just got a 5.0

M'kay. So a kid wants to lay out $350 + for a Strider, to intentionally break it and video tape the results. We know that Mick will likely cram the replacement knife into such a location as to cause permanant speach and comprehension issues to the reciever and video tape the results. Umm where's the problem?

I also fail to see why the pin head just refused to email josh back.

Moderately interesting. Someone wake me up when it's over.

That Josh would offer a free knife for this... er ... test, speaks volumes of Josh and Strider.

That it would be refused, speaks, also.

Good grief. Comes a point where I think of something someone once said:

You have to quit wrestling with pigs in the slop because the pigs tend to like it, and all you do is get dirty.

You should do as the others suggested and put the knife through some hard real world tests. If the knife breaks under those conditions, and you have video proof you were using it for things a knife should be used for, then you should expect a replacement. If the knife survives real world tests and you want to take it in the shop and smash it with a hammer into bricks, metal pipes, etc, to see how it stands up to the KaBar, go for it, but I don't think it would be honorable to request a replacement if it fails doing things a knife shouldn't be used for.

I think a lot of us had fun watching your videos of you abusing the Kabar, and I bet a bunch of people ordered one after seeing your tests. However, you didn't try to get a replacement Kabar under warranty as far as I know of. So why ruin your reputation on these forums by trying to get Strider to replace a knife that failed under gross abuse?

Maybe Strider would be willing to replace it anyway in exchange for the testingi you did, but if they don't want to replace it I don't think you should push the issue or speak negatively about their warranty policy. Again, if it fails doing things a knife should do (chop wood, dig, etc) it should be covered under warranty. Putting it in a vice and hitting it with a hammer, or bending it, etc, shouldn't be honored by any warranty.

I suggest a massivly extreme impact test by dropping said knife out of an airplane at very high altitude into my backyard ... I'll let ya' know how it did.
WOOK

I'd like to see how much of something? can be cut and the knife still be shaving sharp. I'd also like to see some tip breakage tests. I'd also take that knife donation from josh. Perhaps you can offer to buy a folder to test and except a fixed blade donated for testing.? Or, if you want to get really into it, maybe do a side by side comparrison with another similar knife, with a similar cost, from a similar company. -That would be interesting.

WOW check out the heat Noss is already taking and he hasn't even gotten a knife yet. :) Personally I'm not really one who thinks testing to disstruction is very usefull , but I do enjoy the videos of Noss's very much.
Noss good thing you don't care if Strider replaces or fixes the knife you test.
""We'll fix anything, but we won't fix anything for free."

I'd reread that line of theirs if I was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back