I love hydration packs! Source Tactical Commander Hydration Pack

I got mine in multicam and this bag rocks! I'm not a great hiker, so I like to keep things light and I drink a lot of water so I love deluxe hydration packs. I took it to Mexico with me and carried it around all day on long ass excursions: on buses, boats, mopeds, taxis, and walked around exploring. It didn't feel too big or bulky, but I was able to fit in a lot of gear: 3L of water, swimming gear, camera equipment, maps, first aid, water filter, etc.. My GF never carries anything, so I wind up carrying all her crap too.

Anyway, here a video in case any of you are interested.

I used to do water bladders, but I got tired of the maintenance, especially when regularly used. Now with kids, I've moved away from fancy, multi-part water containment, with hoses, nozles etc (even my long favored camelbak flip-top bottles). Too much propensity for mold, and trust me that stuff will HIDE where you never see it, and where you can't clean it. So, if that's your thing, just be vigilant about the cleaning. I ain't got time for that, so I've moved back to basic screw top water bottles for drinking. Platty bottles for light storage.

Anyhow, seems like you got a system you like and had a good time! Keep it up man.

Jumpmonkey, you can use bleach to get rid of the mold and crud once in a while. Also, there are some sizzling tablets made for baby stuff desinfection (like peacemakers and such) that work wonders.

Back