I love your designs but...

I would love to see the Tsunami or the Pentagon in plain edge. I know most of the people on this forum prefer plain edge, most of the people I know who are into knives prefer them, and most people I know who aren't into knives that much prefer them cause they're easy to sharpen. I was just wondering what SOG avoided them for.

Ron: Thanks for the link. I understand your reasoning, but I still have to disagree (I'm still considering a Tsunami though, great design, comfortable handle). I have been into knives for a while, and I have yet to meet anyone who likes combo edges. Now full serrations are different. I prefer them on some blades, like hard use utiltiy knives, for rope and cardboard, and on smaller self defense blades, as they guarantee that a smaller blade will be able to bite into something. I just think Combo edges represent the worst of both edge types combined. The part of your blade that's geometricaly usefull for pushcuts is rendered usely by the serations, and the belly of the blade, which can be used for slashing and would benifit from serations, doen't have them. I would like a reversed combo edge...

Back