I Might be Out of Commission for a While...

Good luck with the surgery. Maybe you'll get some titanium in your back. That would be cool.

I've been visiting a close family friend at the geriatric ward and they have this terminal at each bed that you can use to watch movies, make phone calls and even surf and email. Very cool although it might be a bit wasted on old people who don't know how to use the thing. Needs a pre-paid card though.

Plus the rehab physiotherapists are gorgeous. What a waste of good looking people using 'em in the old folks ward.

Anyway, hope you get well soon.

Point44 said:
Plus the rehab physiotherapists are gorgeous. What a waste of good looking people using 'em in the old folks ward.
It's not a waste. It's a reminder of why we were ever glad to be alive :D

Don't worry about us. Take care of yourself first. We will be waiting patiently for your return. Good luck to you.

Good luck with everything. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you, in any way.

~ashes

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Megalobyte/Ari. One bit of unsolicited advice.... make sure they put your foley catheter in while you are anesthetized! (umm, this is the one that goes up little Ari and drains the urine) I had hip replacement surgery several years ago, and getting cath'd twice in the first 24hrs post-op was worse than ANYTHING else I went through. And be really nice to your nurses... they will make or break your hospital stay. If you are taller than 5'10" or so, ask for a bed extension... otherwise it will be too short. And lastly, bring foam earplugs for your hospital stay... sometimes you hear the screams of the guy down the hall getting his wanker cath'd!
Heal quick and properly,
Mongo

Good advice Mongo.

My friend had to have knee surgery and they anaesthetised him from the waist down. After the surgery he felt the urge to pee but couldn't. They had to tube the little fella. He said it was the worse pain he'd ever felt.

Gus Kalanzis said:
Ari,
Let us know if there is something we can help you or your family with. In the meantime I hope for a full recovery and will keep you in my prayers.

Like wise... I'll be praying too. All should go well :cool:

Mongo... :eek: :D

Hi guys, thanks for all the wishes and advice, well, I didn't have the surgery, yet, the surgeon I saw friday believes it is something besides my disc damage and other abnormal spine features that is mostly causing my problems, something very rare, and that surgery won't fix this very rare condition. However, we are not so sure we agree with him, and, in the meantime, I'm still in a crapload of pain, and can barely function.

I have another appointment friday with a different surgeon, for a different opinion, so far, I have 2 conflicting opinions from 2 different doctors. We'll see what the third says, it may be a tiebreaker. :)

Thanks again for the support, I do feel a little better though, after picking up 2 sweet customs tonight from TNK. :)

Glad to hear your okay and still checking out all options. Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but I gotta ask. Have you tried a Chiropractor??? May be a way out. You probably have, but figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Back