• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I need a custom leather pouch.

This pouch was made by Fluke for my old Fluke meter. The new meter is slightly larger the old one. Fluke no longer makes a leather pouch for their new meters. The old pouch is super tight. I often struggle to remove the meter or it constantly turns on when I try to put the meter away. I've been to 4 different cobblers and leather workers, who all look at it and say they can't make me a new one. I've included some pics here, and if someone is confident enough to make me a new pouch I'd appreciate it. Sending pics for viewing the design I'd like to keep.View attachment 1904407View attachment 1904408View attachment 1904409View attachment 1904410View attachment 1904411

B BennyBlade

Doesn’t look too bad to build. Just don’t know if I’d need your meter here for fitment ?
I do have a backup, so I wouldn't mind sending the meter, depending on turnaround time. Where are you in CT? What do you think this may cost? The leatheris 1/4" thick. The back piece is 15"L and 3"W. Thanks for getting back to me...

This pouch was made by Fluke for my old Fluke meter. The new meter is slightly larger the old one. Fluke no longer makes a leather pouch for their new meters. The old pouch is super tight. I often struggle to remove the meter or it constantly turns on when I try to put the meter away. I've been to 4 different cobblers and leather workers, who all look at it and say they can't make me a new one. I've included some pics here, and if someone is confident enough to make me a new pouch I'd appreciate it. Sending pics for viewing the design I'd like to keep.View attachment 1904407View attachment 1904408View attachment 1904409View attachment 1904410View attachment 1904411

I never thought about a leather pouch for my meters. I have been using hardcases from Probe Master. I also get all of my leads and accessories from them. It might be pretty cool to have a leather pouch for my Brymen BM869s or my vintage VOM's.

I do have a backup, so I wouldn't mind sending the meter, depending on turnaround time. Where are you in CT? What do you think this may cost? The leatheris 1/4" thick. The back piece is 15"L and 3"W. Thanks for getting back to me...

I have some nice oil tanned 5-6oz leather here, nice pull-up effect. Building it close to the same with a snap , maybe $50.00 ? tops.

Below is a tote bag I made with this leather.
402172FB-E1B1-48C8-8915-690C5FEE1CB0.jpeg

Turn around time a week or two ? It’s not a sheath , stuff like this is faster for me.
I’m 20-30min outside New Haven.

I have some nice oil tanned 5-6oz leather here, nice pull-up effect. Building it close to the same with a snap , maybe $50.00 ? tops.

View attachment 1904502

Turn around time a week or two ? It’s not a sheath , stuff like this is faster for me.

That is some nice looking leather. It kinda looks like Bison.

That is some nice looking leather. It kinda looks like Bison.
I forget where I bought it from. I’ll have to look, its possible it’s bison. I built that bag a few years back now. She uses it just about everyday lol

I'm here to vouch for the quality of duramax's work I got a couple of sheaths from him the other day and showed them to the guys at work, now all the guys at work are clamoring for me to ask for custom tool pouches from Duramax

I forget where I bought it from. I’ll have to look, its possible it’s bison. I built that bag a few years back now. She uses it just about everyday lol

I'll bet she does. I love the old rustic look.

Found it , Sumatra pull-up bison

The vest that I wear is made of Bison. It is double thick and made for conceal carry - it has an inside pouch on each side that I could conceal handguns in if I wanted to. It is black. I get mad at myself for not getting the brown sometimes. My next vest will be brown.

View attachment 1904502

I’m 20-30min outside New

View attachment 1904502

That price would work for me. That is nice leather. I am looking for aomething durable as the pouch i have has outlived 2 meters so far. Can I send you a PM next week to make this happen?

I never thought about a leather pouch for my meters. I have been using hardcases from Probe Master. I also get all of my leads and accessories from them. It might be pretty cool to have a leather pouch for my Brymen BM869s or my vintage VOM's.
I really like this pouch. Currently holding its 3rd meter. Fluke makes a soft pouch for this meter, but I really like the leather... I will check out Probe Master... always in need of cases, bags and boxes! 😆

That price would work for me. That is nice leather. I am looking for aomething durable as the pouch i have has outlived 2 meters so far. Can I send you a PM next week to make this happen?
Absolutely, whenever your ready 👍

I really like this pouch. Currently holding its 3rd meter. Fluke makes a soft pouch for this meter, but I really like the leather... I will check out Probe Master... always in need of cases, bags and boxes! 😆

They have the best leads available in my opinion. And great customer service. I have a Fluke 87V E2. It has a soft case as well. I have it in its own hardcase.

Back