I shot my knife and killed it

Rob Simonich

Big Bear
I have been wondering how S30-V would hold up to being shot with a 45 ACP. I took my abuser Raven to the hills today and killed it with my pistol.

First, I split bullets with it by shooting it at the edge from about 15 feet. Here is a picture of the knife after splitting a few lead bullets. I have knocked pieces of the edge out shooting 154-CM and ATS-34 and D-2 knives. So far so good, no damage. You can see the smeared lead from the bullet splitting. I split 3 220 grain bullets with no damage.

Attachments

• mvc-012f.jpg
    mvc-012f.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 536
Then I killed it. I propped it against a Ponderosa tree and hit it square on the side with a 230 grain Hydrashock from about 25 feet. I have never seen a knife survive this yet and the Raven was no exception. It shattered like glass.

Moral to the story? Dont take a knife to a gunfight!

:eek: :eek:

(edit) Here it is killed dead Bobby! :D Whoa, picture went weird on me!

Attachments

• mvc-015f.jpg
    mvc-015f.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 508
Now pick that broken tip up and get back in the fight!!!
LMAO! Good one Bruce, but I was the guy with the gun! :D

Yup, she's dead now
Well Bobby, my Dad always said, dont count yer chickens....nope that aint it, he said dont put all yer eggs.........nope that aint it, he said, its as dark as the inside of a cow...nope that wasnt it either, he said to make an omlet you have to kill some knives....nope, dont take a knife to a gunfight...nope, he said to make an omlet you have to break some eggs! Im not sure what that has to do with shooting a knife though... :)

Rob, I'm begging you...stop hanging around with Cliff.

Phil, I dont think Cliff is allowed to have a gun at home. Besides, I am just looking for the "Stamp of approval" :D

Enough of shooting your knife! Now show us the pictures of you 'knifing' your gun!

Ya know the rest of us have to pay good money for a Raven and you treat 'em like you own the Fing factory!!! Ummm wait a minute..:)

HEY...........when did you get your own forum????????

and was that the knife you were going to send me???????? :( :eek: :(

Mayo, you been spending all your time reading all the TNT threads buddy! :p On your knife, be patient grasshopper, I told you I am making you a special one! :)

Ryan, your knife is not minigun proof, however it is guarenteed if you happen to shoot it with your minigun! :D

Rob I'm out in Reno NV for a couple of days, maybe you can drive over and we can test some of your knives while were drinking.Give me a call on Friday to discuss our special project.

Darrell Lewis

Hey Darrell, I would love to test knives and drink in Reno with you man! :)

Ill definetly call you on Friday, I have been working on getting the materials together! Should be interesting to say the least! I am thinking it will survive a pistol bullet. ;)

Hey Rob...you really need to get into aggression counseling....oh wait, I guess SHOOTING A PERFECTLY GOOD FING KNIFE is counseling huh?!

Cool pics though. By the way...I need to get over to yer house and beg fer my Raven, I might even bring beer.

Jerry

Hey Rob...you really need to get into aggression counseling....oh wait, I guess SHOOTING A PERFECTLY GOOD FING KNIFE is counseling huh?!

Cool pics though. By the way...I need to get over to yer house and beg fer my Raven, I might even bring beer.

Jerry

Rob, you're missing the 'point'(pun intended)...

I more realistic test would be your .223 at 100 yds. (No relation to the DC shootings intended, none at all)

Split a .223 at that distance and I'll buy you a beer, or three... ;)

Mel

Melvin, Iron sights or scope? How many shots? :)

Good seeing you last night Glocker! Counceling? I dont think they will take me!

Back