I thought I had all the Rosarms knives picked out that I wanted to get... But, then the 'Baby' model got me! ๐Ÿ˜…

My having purchased three knives from Rosarms recently, I thought I had picked all the ones I wanted, (that is, from their remaining inventory).
But, I made the mistake to click onto this model they call 'Baby'... And... Wah Lah, I placed an order in for it.

Why they named a 9" fixed blade knife 'Baby', I have no clue. But, in a funny sort of a way, it does fit it accordingly. It's kind'a like when you hear some huge guy being called something like 'Little Gerald' ๐Ÿ˜…

Based on the pics that I have seen, it kind'a reminds me of the Western W49 and Case Bowie knives, but with some extra attitude ๐Ÿ˜…

Here's a picture I found online of someone's Rosarms Baby specimen...

h4e1c5qlv0051.jpg

I believe I now own 25 to 30 Russian made knives.
There are 4 brands amongst that number of knives, (Kizlyar of Dagestan, A&R Zlatoust, Rosarms, and Nord Crown).
My start to adding in Russian made knives began with my wanting and obtaining a Kizlyar Phoenix Combat knife. That was the beginning, and now it's possible that this new Rosarms 'Baby' may be the end. But, it's been a fun journey dabbling into Russian made knives. I must also say, if I had felt that their final execution of their knives was not up to par, I would have ceased collecting them, but their attention to detail and their consistency kept me coming back for more.

By the way, I think that one of the reasons I have enjoyed adding a good amount of Russian made knives to my collection, is that they are not so commonly found in the U.S.A.. While they do get discussed here on BladeForums, it's obvious that they are not as commonly owned by the forum vendors.
The one Russian brand of fixed blade knives that is most commonly found on BladeForums, is the Kizlyar Supreme brand, (not to be confused with Kizlyar of Dagestan). But, they are not as appealing to me as the original Kizlyar of Dagestan knives are, and so I don't desire or own any of the Kizlyar Supreme knives.

While my eclectic collection has all sorts of production items in it, I find that it's the least commonly encountered items within it that add some of the coolest flair factor to my collection. To own only what is commonly encountered, would have made my collection too ho-hum for my tastes ๐Ÿ˜Š

The Rosarms "Baby" is obviously not something that even most knife guys have ever seen or handled, and I find that uniqueness desirable ๐Ÿ‘

I will come back and revisit this post thread when I receive the 'Baby' from Rosarms to share my initial impressions of it.

Last edited:
Rosarms dispatched my order quickly, was well packaged, and was exactly as described on their website ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

The knife is very cool! Nicely done!... I like it! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

20220423_130751_HDR_(1).jpg20220423_131029(1)_(1).jpg

It's overall size is about the same as my Western W49 Bowie knife.

Last edited:
Back