I want to believe - Survive! Speculations! Get it here!

So... Since our friend Guy is such a tease, especially on Instagram, and we've already got a round-up thread for the production schedule, this is the thread where we pick the rumors to pieces... But please, only quote legitimate sources. ;)

What is known so far?

- there is a folder "coming soon" in 20cv and 90v? [source todo]

- the 4.7 is coming in Cpm-154 AND A MYSTERY MATERIAL?!!?? **

- Guy is working on new handle colors proprietary to Survive!

- the scandi grind was last seen at Area 51 and was apparently put under lock-down because it was so sharp it could split atoms ;)

What have I missed?

** "@surviveknives Maybe... lol It is CPM-154CM but yes, there are a few stacks in this upcoming batch [the 4.7]. There is another surprise material as well, that I don't believe is visible in the photo"
https://instagram.com/p/7fugd8pbqP/

Nice work, ni1s! Hopefully this thread can help us not only collect all the tidbits and teasers from instagram and facebook, but also help us move the discussions and ideas forward.

Guy and Ellie, don't feel pressured by us hooligans, but feel free to set us straight on any topics that may come up :)

I dont know anything about 154, but unless Guy thinks he can do better than 3v and 20cv in the GSO line, could this be the new steel for the SK line? I thought I saw something on Facebook or maybe even here that made me think something about S7 didn't really keep the cost down on the SK's. Could the CPM154 be material for an SK4.7???

Oh also, Ellie promised that all GSO 5's would ship with a new S! hat. Bob Marley rastas (with fake dread locks), big furry British soldier hats and princess tiaras were all randomly packaged with those knives.

So... Since our friend Guy is such a tease, especially on Instagram, and we've already got a round-up thread for the production schedule, this is the thread where we pick the rumors to pieces... But please, only quote legitimate sources. ;)

What is known so far?

- the scandi grind was last seen at Area 51 and was apparently put under lock-down because it was so sharp it could split atoms ;)

What have I missed?

** "@surviveknives Maybe... lol It is CPM-154CM but yes, there are a few stacks in this upcoming batch [the 4.7]. There is another surprise material as well, that I don't believe is visible in the photo"

So...

I am having a hard time differentiating between fantasy and reality here. Help an old a feeble mind understand what (if any) of this is real and what is you having fun.

btw, I am not a steel expert by any stretch. Is cpm154 a "better" steel than 3v or 20cv? I thought that it was similar to 20cv but not better...

What is known so far?

- the scandi grind has been mentioned several times and Guy said he may try some out on a very limited basis, but no full production line until he is happier with edge performance
Is that right?

What have I missed?

So...

I am having a hard time differentiating between fantasy and reality here. Help an old a feeble mind understand what (if any) of this is real and what is you having fun.

See above. Most is legit. :)

What is known so far?

What have I missed?

Nice work, ni1s! Hopefully this thread can help us not only collect all the tidbits and teasers from instagram and facebook, but also help us move the discussions and ideas forward.

Guy and Ellie, don't feel pressured by us hooligans, but feel free to set us straight on any topics that may come up :)

I dont know anything about 154, but unless Guy thinks he can do better than 3v and 20cv in the GSO line, could this be the new steel for the SK line? I thought I saw something on Facebook or maybe even here that made me think something about S7 didn't really keep the cost down on the SK's. Could the CPM154 be material for an SK4.7???

Hats: they're working to find a hat maker (no styles mentioned that is up to their standarda/QUOTE]

Since I cannot add any new info...

lcYw9im.png
[/IMG]

btw, I am not a steel expert by any stretch. Is cpm154 a "better" steel than 3v or 20cv? I thought that it was similar to 20cv but not better...

I doubt it'll beat 3v in edge retention but it's definitely more rust resistant. I was under the impression that 20cv was a better steel also.

I am by no means a steel expert either. But I have used several blades in 154CM and have really liked them. It is more stainless than 3V, and definitely accepts a higher polish than 3V if you want to go for that look. In my experience it is not as tough as 3V, but it holds an edge well and does not give me any fits to resharpen. Comparing it against other stainless steels, it is a huge step above 420HC. It doesn't seem to hold an edge as long as Elmax, but I still prefer it over Elmax for ease of resharp. The 2.7 will be my first 20CV blade, so I cannot compare 154 to that. It is definitely one of my favorite 'user' stainless steels.

Trying to remember back here, but all of my experience may come from 154CM, not CPM 154 (non-Crucible vs Crucible). Chiral.grolim should have some insight here.

ETA: Looking at the instagram picture, that wrapped stack reads "154CM."

Chiral.grolim should have some insight here.

ETA: Looking at the instagram picture, that wrapped stack reads "154CM."

Awesome to hear about real user viewpoints. Nice!

Chiral is the mad scientist of our subforum :D

That little 154 marking in the instagram pic is what inspired all our speculation!

So...

It's all straight from the horses mouth, except for the Area 51 part... It wasn't sharp enough to split atoms, so Guy put it in hold until he'd solved it. :)

Oh also, Ellie promised that all GSO 5's would ship with a new S! hat. Bob Marley rastas (with fake dread locks), big furry British soldier hats and princess tiaras were all randomly packaged with those knives.

Oh, I love the SK4 theory! And if it's actually 154CM (and not cpm-154) maybe it's affordable enough?

Also it be cool to see a Survive! in O1 or 1095...

And there was a lot of talk about swag during the starter campaign. What happened to that? Is that hat part true?!

Adding a folder theory... A while back I remember someone mentioning Three Rivers as a potential manufacturer (I have to find the thread again) and I just saw a collaboration between them and Terzuola around a Midtech knife. Hmm..:

Back