I would like a Sifu please.

Perfect!

I already sent a preorder and will confirm it now.
I think maybe I will try to squeeze out two of them.

thanks for listening to us, Bob.

thaddeus

Poz, let's say for sake of simplicity that the knife is being optimized for defensive draws from the right side pocket.

Tip-up carry equals faster draws.

If the clip is set so that the blade wants to pivot open "towards your rear" then you've optimized it for an initial forward-grip draw. The sequence is:

1) Move right hand down and back towards pocket, slip thumb in across the body of the knife's grip.

2) You want the clip and pommel as "deep" into your palm (towards your wrist) as possible.

3) Squeezing the closed knife between thumb and palm with fingers still straight, pull the knife clear of the pocket.

4) Techniques will vary at this point, but with a heavy megafolder-class blade a simple snapopen should now work without ever touching the thumbstud. Once the blade's open, clench up with the fingers. OR, reposition the fingers partway, nail the thumbstud, finish the grip.

If the blade wants to pivot FORWARD from a tip-up setup, there's some differences:

1) Your hand needs to approach the blade in pocket "from the rear"; your thumb goes in there again but the knife's pommel needs to come up past the web of your thumb.

2) Pinch the knife between thumb and the base of your forefinger, and pull it clear.

3) You now snapopen the knife with a "downward rotary motion", sort of a "cat scratching at the door" feeling. Done right and moderately hard, the blade snaps open and points "directly down".

4) Shift it a bit into a reverse grip.

This sequence is actually a bit FASTER but it starts you out in a reverse grip which is often considered inferior to the forward grips. But NOT always, and not with all styles or against all weapons. One school of thought says that at close range, reverse grip can dominate.

My personal thinking is that as a "big but slow" type I prefer forward grips and a "distance" game plan. The Hobbit Warrior is typical of the kind of thing preferred by a smaller and/or faster guy who wants to "get inside and party at high speed".

About a year ago I described the Hobbit Warrior as a commendable attempt to build the ultimate "insider gameplan" knife, and eventually that led me to ask what a comparable full-tilt-gonzo "Outsider" knife would look like.

Jim March

OKAY, that pic and the talk here has convinced me to go for it. I'll email you in a minute Spark for (2) of them.

Mark

I've already ordered the Sifu but Bob Taylor was kind enough to answer some private e-mail questions that may be of interest here.

I asked Bob if the BF/Sifu would be available in a left-hand configuration and he say yes, "just let Spark know when you place the order."

That's pretty impressive service for a special run knife. I've never owned a REKAT but I'll admit to being impressed!

------------------
Life is a journey, not a guided tour -- GO ARMED!
-->BLADE

Any idea how much these monsters are going to cost? I have to see If I can budget it.
Thanks,
Nick

The ones we're getting will be $179.95. That's a hard price, it may go up a tad more for extras (like specialized stuff), but that's pretty much set in stone.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Bob:

What's the status on the Sifus??? I've got my preorder in, and a front pocket waiting for it!

Spark:

Did we even get the minimum 50 preorders? If not, will the Sifu even happen?!?!?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Bob Taylor,

I had never seen a picture of the SIFU until a minute ago: ONE-NASTY-BAD-A$$ KNIFE! It may be a little too big for using it to clean my finger nails
smile.gif
. One question for you - does it come LEFT-HANDED?!
smile.gif

It makes the Carnivore look like a 'TOY'!
wink.gif

Hmmmm....I may be thinking LH SIFU instead.

The Sifu is going into production and should be ready at the end of July. About two weeks behind scheduel

Bob Taylor

------------------
Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints and escaping.

Oh yeah, baby!!!! Great news!

I can't wait! This will be my new carry piece. Living here in Kalifornia, a big nasty folder is just what I need. Looks like the Vaquero Grande is headed for the glove compartment...

WOOOHOOO! I've got money set aside for mine. We can all have a VG retirement party.
smile.gif

------------------
Ciao

Mike Melone
memelone@yahoo.com
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796

Ah... Like the Vaquero -

Can I get mine El Hombre Sized?

I like the Sifu's lines... Very Nice.
But I would like one that is smaller.

If a small Sifu was available - hand on the bible - I would order it on the spot

------------------
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

[This message has been edited by Ogre (edited 26 June 1999).]

I got to play with the proto...I am still Drooling...It was a heckuve alot lighter than it looked and seemed sturdy enough......I want one, but I might have to sell some toys to get it though...

YeK

I`d love one if tip-up pocket carry.Before I place the order with BF,is there any way I can be sure it will be configured this way?
Thanks
David
AKTI # A000150

Back