If Knife Brands Were Cars

I am fairly new to the pocketknife world and have been learning about blade steel metallurgy and knife brands. To make it interesting, I recently had a conversation with a friend in which we described a knife brand as a car brand. Some correlations were funny, some were ironic, and some were spot-on. Here was the list we came up with. How would you change it? Make it better? What would you add? Let me know! Thanks!

Spyderco = Audi (nice enough, but not quite top tier)
Benchmade = Cadillac (overly pricey but not worth as much as they think)
Medford = Tesla (comparing the owners, actually, and each comparison is an insult to the other)
Chris Reeve = BMW (very nice, old brand, a lot of fun to use, but not truly stellar)
Midgards Messer = Hummer (legit)
Cold Steel = Ram (tough, rugged, and on rare occasion, mildly interesting)
Boker = Trabant (Ugh. Just ugh.)
Opinel = Citroen (snoozers)
Microtech = Corvette (fast, powerful, and distinctly American)
Mora = Yugo (cheap, cheap, cheap)
Viper = Alfa Romeo (an under-estimated, Italian high performer)
Civivi = Toyota (reliable, steady, but not too exciting)
Shiragorov = Lamborghini (enough said)
Buck = Jeep (it's old and very blah)
Victorinox = Suzuki (ho hum and uninspiring)
Rockstead = McLaren (nimble, shiny, gorgeous)
CRKT = Chevy (meh)
Rike = Rivian (creative, new thinking makes things exciting)
ESEE = Subaru (outdoors, anyone?)
Ontario = Saturn (gone, long gone)
Smith & Wesson = Lada (groan)

My takeaway from the OP is that Knife Writer doesn't have a knife brand or maker he respects or really likes.

I would really like to hear about one he thinks is good-to-great.

I see no correlation at all. A knife is very different than an automobile.

The list you have made and the commentary is a bit insulting and lacks any merit. Maybe you are using your feelings rather than a sound mind and probably not much experience.

I see no correlation at all. A knife is very different than an automobile.

The list you have made and the commentary is a bit insulting and lacks any merit. Maybe you are using your feelings rather than a sound mind and probably not much experience.
Reminds of the old game they played on the new Whose line is it anyway? Things you can say about your knife but not your car!! :) Wild answers in that one.

And it's electric now!
Just need to know where to charge it up before you head to the rugged outdoors, got to make sure you have a full battery just in case it dies in the hills somewhere, then you start hearing banjo music!!!!

Just need to know where to charge it up before you head to the rugged outdoors, got to make sure you have a full battery just in case it dies in the hills somewhere, then you start hearing banjo music!!!!
Darn!!!i shoild have picked up those copper top batteries.

Reactions: DMG
Dammit I thought about a Deliverance joke but chickened out.

Back