If You Could Build Your Own SAK What Would It Contain?

Hey Fellas, I'm new. I like SAKs. I think mine would have everything but a cork screw, and serreated blade... don't need em. I do like the idea of PRESSURIZED pen. I'd want 2 blades approx. 4" long... a skinny clip point for cutt'n food and pickin splinters, a spear point for cutt'n everything else.

This is a swell site.

These. :D

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The Trekker hasn't proved to be as useful a mod as I had hoped, but the Super Scibeertool rocks! Bill Evans (scibeer) over on the SOSAK forum did the work for me.

I bet the knife Gadgetman7 mentioned would be a liscence to print money. Actually I think they could make a killing off any locking blade on a traditional plastic or alox setup.

Take a Huntsman, make the large blade lock, replace the Can Opener with a Combo Tool (though thicker) and the Bottle Opener with a Gutting Blade, use Wenger style Scissors. Give it Stay Glow Plus Scales (Tweezers, Toothpick, Straight Pin and Pressurized Ball Point Pen) and the Mini-Screwdriver. If you really wanted to go overboard you could give it a spine mounted Phillip's Screwdriver (not replacing the corkscrew but in addition to it, one on each side of the spine).

These. :D

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

"The Trekker hasn't proved to be as useful a mod as I had hoped"
Hmmmm.... Why? Any particular problems with it? I've been drooling over your knife since you first posted that pic.
That type mod is third on my list of planned Sak mods.
To me a oht with scissors and corkscrew seems near ideal.
Is it a thickness issue?
Have you seen the cool Alox OHT Swissbianco is planning to sell?
http://knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/799958/

yes i saw it, its clipped in my pocket :D

that wishlist is good and right but theres an lot of problems thatthe parts go together and work!

one of my dream sak i assy today, 91mm lumberjack plus (philips) with stayglow.

+B

The Spartan Lite comes oh so close, but omits the pen.

Large Blade
Can Opener with Screwdriver
Bottle Opener with Screwdriver
Awl
Phillips Screwdriver
LED Light
Pen
Toothpick
Tweezers

Clock with alarm would be nice, but not as necessary as the pen.

Locking serrated blade
Locking clip point blade
Locking saw
locking reamer
locking large bottle oppener
can oppener
philips screwdriver
scissors
alox
Sorry,if my english is not quite good,i have learned german for a year and have little forgotten the english.:)

The Spartan Lite comes oh so close, but omits the pen.

Large Blade
Can Opener with Screwdriver
Bottle Opener with Screwdriver
Awl
Phillips Screwdriver
LED Light
Pen
Toothpick
Tweezers

Clock with alarm would be nice, but not as necessary as the pen.
You know eventually they are going to shoe-horn an mp3 player/media player in there!
:D

I like the old 3 layer Yeoman with a saw added.

I sure wish Vic would make plus style stayglow handles that hold the pin and pen!!

Roger???????

The 91mm Lumberjack is another one of my favorites, but I like it with the corkscrew to hold the mini screwdriver.

Attachments

• 4 sale oct 007.jpg
    4 sale oct 007.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 6
  • small.jpg
    small.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 10
Hmmmm.... Why? Any particular problems with it? I've been drooling over your knife since you first posted that pic.
That type mod is third on my list of planned Sak mods.
To me a oht with scissors and corkscrew seems near ideal.
Is it a thickness issue?
Have you seen the cool Alox OHT Swissbianco is planning to sell?
http://knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/799958/

That Trekker rulz.Like a linear lock outrider.I must have it!Is it for sale.

What do you guys think about a small ferrocium rod that fit in the toothpic hole?

I think that would be pretty cool. Though I wonder if a ferrorod that thin would be prone to breaking. I know someone on this forum converted the back layer screwdriver to a ferrorod. I believe it was some version of the tinker.

Large blade
Sissors
Bottle Opener

The Victorinox Compact might work for you. It has a large blade, scissors, and the combination bottle opener/can opener.

What do you guys think about a small ferrocium rod that fit in the toothpic hole?
Its a cool idea but once you wear down the rod it won't fit in tight anymore. I've seen some neat sheaths with ferro rod holders as well but i think the same would be true of them. Everytime you use the rod you remove material eventually it would be smaller and would not fit tight in the sheath.
however i think this mod would be effective
"HotSpark Tinker Rework"
http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=131&Itemid=35
(You may need to join SOSAK to read the article but joining is free)

Oh... Let's see.

body:
110mm body
orange scales with GID inserts
pocket clip

blades:
one handed semi-serrated blade w/ liner lock modified for right handed use
full size 110mm blade, straight, traditional thumb notch, non-locking
wood saw
scissors
can opener
awl
#2 philips screwdriver (old, high-torque style)
2 pins (one either side)
tweezers
toothpick

Back