If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

My first is also the best: Swisschamp. The one I have has been with me 28 years, and although I have acquired others over time, if asked to choose one only, it would be the Swisschamp. It was all I had at the beginning, and it worked well enough "if only one." I carry it in a belt sheath and never even think about it until needed for a job, or to answer this question. Much has been made over the ergonomics, but in my view, utility trumps all.

Ask me today and I'd say the Recruit. It has all the tools I need in the smaller 84mm size minus the ones that are useless to me (looking at you corkscrew and awl..). It's close to perfect.

Goodness!
Always with the easy questions huh?!
Let me ponder it some...

I guess as of today, I would probably choose the Trekker. The two handed version. Plain edge. I don't like the blade shape on the one handed version. No specific reason, it just bugs me.lol. The Trekker has been a favorite of mine since I discovered it a few years ago. It has all the main tools I need. I really like the bigger locking blade and screw driver. Always like a saw on my saks, and the saw is one tool where "bigger is better" does apply. Pretty good ergonomics for a multi bladed knife/tool too.
A very close second would be the Farmer X. I do like me some alox. That in-line awl is a real winner. Plus more robust blade and tools than the standard 91mm models. Always liked the Farmer anyway, and I can't deny that the added scissors are quite handy.

I guess as of today, I would probably choose the Trekker. The two handed version. Plain edge. I don't like the blade shape on the one handed version. No specific reason, it just bugs me.lol.

I got my Trekker before I knew of the two-handed version and love it. Sometimes ignorance can be an asset. :D

I've changed my mind again (for the 20th time I think!)...
The one-hand-opening is just too useful to ignore.
My Climber, my Sportsman, my Explorer, etc...If one hand was compromised, they would all be rather useless.
So my new had-to-pick-one Vic SAK...
The Forester M Grip or the One-hand-Trekker!

h14zZMK.jpg

4hONRzI.jpg

I've changed my mind again (for the 20th time I think!)... So my new had-to-pick-one Vic SAK... The Forester M Grip or the One-hand-Trekker!

Both very fine choices.

If only the one handed Trekker came in a non-serrated blade version (including a Philips), that would make the German Army Knife THE best 111 mm for me.

If only the one handed Trekker came in a non-serrated blade version (including a Philips), that would make the German Army Knife THE best 111 mm for me.

Until I got a one-handed Trekker, I might have joined the chorus, but instead I got used to the serrated version and, by golly, it worked out fine. May I suggest you do likewise? It might work better than you currently think.

After some consideration I’ve decided on my only Vic to a Swisschamp, one with the older case hardened file as I prefer its finer teeth over the coarse stainless ones.

Of course, I’d pair it with a Wenger SI/Soldat. ;)

Until I got a one-handed Trekker, I might have joined the chorus, but instead I got used to the serrated version and, by golly, it worked out fine. May I suggest you do likewise? It might work better than you currently think.

I really appreciate your reply, your words carry weight.

The 111 mm line is my favorite SAK. After A allenC posted his Forester M Grip above, I have been trying to find one stateside, but could not find one yet.

This is what I am currently looking for: Forester M Grip, non-serrated blade
upload_2021-3-18_12-56-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-18_12-54-39.png
    upload_2021-3-18_12-54-39.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 2
I forgot if I posted on this, and too lazy to check, but I always leave the house with my Pioneer X. Close second is the Huntsman with eyeglass screwdriver.

I have always been fond of my Hiker. It's simple, but has just the right tools I like to have in a medium sized package. Carries good in a belt pouch but still fits well in a coin pocket. The only other SAK I currently own is the nail clipper model, but that thing is sweet too!

No hesitation, i have been wearing a swisschamp daily for several years and since the past year it is xlt.

Back