I'm here, a little early but lets "chat"

Originally posted by lionken07
how do you sharpen these rat knife? I don't quite get the mousepad idea...:confused:

Can I use my Japanese waterstone?

There are many different ways depending on the finish youwant, but I use an Eze lap model 'M' in the field...have never had to do a full reco yet...and the rats be flogged!:D

lionken,
I will post some links tomorrow regarding sharpening in a separate thread.

Alpha,
We haven't forgotten you regarding the INFICoots, don't worry. ;)

Taliwacker as a regular production.....hhmmmm ;):D:D

Paradiggum,
I haven't checked the box today, he may have escaped ;):D

I knew you didn't forget me. Big AND small tanto "recon" blades. Then all we need is a kangaroo style sheath and we are set.

I've often thought that matched sets would sell well. You know like the HR(or Coot) matched with the BR. Big and small together.

The problem that always arises is the sheathing options :D:D

True True, I bet that could be fixed by a few forum members. They will jump on it like fresh meat:eek: :eek: :D

It would definitely be interesting trying to "pair" up the best combo.

hhhmmmm.....I've just had an idea....more later(hopefully) :crossfingers:

For the current offerings, I would say Camp Tramp + Bandicoot, then Battle Rat +Howler. Then bring out the "recon tanto" set, and maybe a swamp tail (skeleton key) and double edge blade. That could be the covert couple. AKA "mess with me and my rats will bite" pair:rolleyes: :D Hey, it COULD happen

double edge blade!!! I was thinking about that too...but this probably won't happen anytime soon.:yawn:

Everything sounds good except for the DE blade. I doubt that will happen anytime in the near future.

However, the Mini Spec Ops and the War Hawk might make a good combo ;):D:D

I was gonna get an HR but I am waiting to get a Mini Spec Ops. Maybe two depending on what else is out there.

The Mini will be a very popular blade once we get it under way. I've had more emails on this one design than on any other models :D:D

OMG! I can't believe I forgot about the War hawk.:eek: I NEED one of those. I can use it in school. Wanna donate one for higher education? I could use it to....uhhhhh.....well........I need one. Lets just leave it at that. I have a Brend by ATC but I can give that to Josh, and keep the rat to myself. Please please have them in time for Christmas! Yes, I think that far ahead. I actually have a list of gifts I want, so I am ready for anything at the drop of a hat. Just let me know what you want to spend and I will send you several things in that price range. Does anybody else do that or am I a monument to greed?

I don't plan that far in advance for my gifts. But it really doesn't matter as I buy all of my own knives. My wife doesn't have any idea what I like in knives (besides Busse/Swamp Rat)

:D:D

any idea how much the mini will cost?

I'd say right around the $100-$110 range, but that is just a guess until we get into full production.

Originally posted by Eric Isaacson
I'd say right around the $100-$110 range, but that is just a guess until we get into full production.

I was guessing around $80 like the bandicoot and HR...:p

Yesss. War Hawk.

I'm a tomahawk enthusiast, and I love things to throw.

And chop with.

Etc.

Originally posted by Eric Isaacson
I don't plan that far in advance for my gifts. But it really doesn't matter as I buy all of my own knives. My wife doesn't have any idea what I like in knives (besides Busse/Swamp Rat)

:D:D

My wife is slowly starting to get interested in knives. She has a surprising knowledge of Busse and Swamp Rats and Sebenza's and Benchmades.

I was guessing around $80 like the bandicoot and HR...:p

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "tanto thing" is going to be 1/4 inch as opposed to 3/16s on the others.

What thickness is the War Hawk? 1/4 or 5/8?

Back