Impressed With Designs

Ok...I've just purchased a CRKT Polkowski/Kasper Companion and a CRKT Steve Ryan Model 7. They are pretty wicked. A while back, I used to be really stuck on the material knives were made of. But now I look almost exclusively at design (especially in the handle), materials be damned. I really appreciate that CRKT has sought out quality knifemakers to design VERY resonably priced production knives. Genius meets mass production. Match made in heaven. Guess you can't have it all, though. The Companion I got has a pretty lopsided grind on the edge. That's ok, 10 minutes on the Lansky will clear it right up.

Anyone with input please chime in.:)

I've been very impressed with CRKT designs as well. The KFF is probably one of my all time favorite designs. I also am particularly fond of their Point Guard, M-16 and Bear Claw. They really have some excellent designs going. I only wish that CRKT would upgrade all of their steels to at least AUS-8 and do a little better QC. With a little work, CRKT could be one of the greastest knife companies going.

Back