Photos Inclusions in DMT Diamond Stone

Vincen

Gold Member
Was super excited to get a set of solid DMT diamond stones for X-mas only to find the surface of the Fine stone (D8F) I received is completely covered with inclusions or nodules :(. Based on prior research and reviews I was expecting the first couple uses to feel "rougher" while the larger diamond particles get worn in or liberate, leaving more consistent sizes, but viewing the surface under a lupe it looks like there are actually clumps of the substrate itself lodged all over the surface. I have not read anything that suggested to expect this as a possibility.

Pictures of the surface after about 15 minute of use. The nodules are evident by the streaks and the perpendicular lines are caused by the knife edge tripping over them. Last picture is of a EXTRA Fine stone that doesn't have this same condition for comparison.
https://imgur.com/a/HGE2Vl4

I've contacted DMT to see what they say about this. Will let ya'll know they're reply.

Get a chisel or the shank of a screwdriver and go to town on it. That's exactly how I broke all of mine in.

That is a bunch of garbage from a contaminated bath or problems with the suspension or voltage.

Not good and I'd immediately discontinue use and send it back rather than just deal with it.

Looks like roughness in the nickel plating or agglomerated chunks of diamonds. I'd also suggest returning it, that's not acceptable.

Back