Info on Gossman Handled M6...

Scott,

I just picked up this beauty from a member here...:thumbup:

In the sales ad they described this Swamp Rat M6 as having been rehandled and reground by Scott Gossman. I was wondering if you remembered this knife, and if you had any history on it... How long ago was this work done? Do you know what wood was used on the handle? Did you do the strip on the Swamp Rat finish? I immediately recognized it as your work, as it has similar characteristics as my tusker. The handle is excellent, and I am very pleased with this knife. The sheath is by armoralleather, and fits it perfectly.

Thanks for any info...

GossmanM6001.jpg

GossmanM6002.jpg

GossmanM6003.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that is one I reworked. I rehandled with walnut burl and stripped the blade. I did a regrind on it also. Took the edge down much thinner then the original edge.
Scott

I also would like to add that this work was by request of the original owner of the knife. I no longer strip blades because of what is "usually" underneath the coating.
Scott

I also would like to add that this work was by request of the original owner of the knife. I no longer strip blades because of what is "usually" underneath the coating.
Scott

Scott showed me what is underneath these coatings, on several he stripped for me. A lot of hardwork goes into this process, much more than just stripping the coating off the blade.

Back