Information from Instagram and Facebook!

This popped up on Instagram yesterday (SUNDAY): https://www.instagram.com/p/BMxWgMDh32x/

[video]https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/15074038_329911210697935_3773952784781541376_n.mp4[/video]

For those who don't follow the link, it's a pan over 30 different GSO-2.7s built, sharpened, and ready to ship. Probably at least 30 customers received shipping notices today. Hale Storm, were you one of them?

For every 30 knives shipped out, how many do we hear about on bladeforums? I just checked the 2.7 thread, only 3 individuals posted notices received. Consider what that means if S!K actually shipped many more knives than those 30 today. Survive! keeps chugging along...

Thanks for asking my friend. I almost had a heart attack when I opened my email and saw a shipping notice from Survive!Knives. Then I remembered I ordered a set of new spec torx fasteners for my old spec GSO 4.1.

So, sadly, I'm still holding out hope that mine is shipped when Ellie said it would ship which would be around the 22nd (I'll take it earlier if that is the case). That would be cool. We close on our new house on the 22nd.

Fingers crossed. Lucky rabbits foot in hand. Horseshoe in pocket. Four Leaf clover in the other pocket. Survive!Knives GSO 4.7 next to me here in the shop. What else can I do?;)

Thanks for postng that, Chiral. It is easy to forget, as we individuals sit here waiting for our next shipping notice, that there are a LOT of knife orders that S!K is fulfilling every day that have nothing to do with Bladeforums or this particular bulletin board. We are just the most vocal... perhaps. Good on S!K.

NOW WHERE IS MY GSO 4.7 IN 3V!!!

;) Sorry, couldn't resist....

Sweet!
I'm well behind that. Mine is a pre-sale.
I really was just trying to be facetious, and self centered. BUT... I appreciate hearing that the pre-orders are going out. That means that at least they're still rolling on them. As I've said before.... I'm not so concerned that it is taking so long. Well, actually, I am... but anyway, my bigger concern was there was a lot of talk about 4.1's and 2.7's, and I knew there was at least one 4.7 that hadn't gone out yet.

After expressing that concern, it's gonna be ironic if I get my 4.1 pre-order prior to getting my 4.7 pre-sale. But I'll settle for either... and in the meantime, I'm enjoying the heck outta my 5.1 (20CV) and 4.7 (CruV). Fantastic blades.

Sweet!
I'm well behind that. Mine is a pre-sale.
I really was just trying to be facetious, and self centered. BUT... I appreciate hearing that the pre-orders are going out. That means that at least they're still rolling on them. As I've said before.... I'm not so concerned that it is taking so long. Well, actually, I am... but anyway, my bigger concern was there was a lot of talk about 4.1's and 2.7's, and I knew there was at least one 4.7 that hadn't gone out yet.

After expressing that concern, it's gonna be ironic if I get my 4.1 pre-order prior to getting my 4.7 pre-sale. But I'll settle for either... and in the meantime, I'm enjoying the heck outta my 5.1 (20CV) and 4.7 (CruV). Fantastic blades.

Lol. I figured, from the giant font :)

Posted 1hr ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/BM2HMJ2h4qN/

surviveknivesAhead of schedule, the GSO-3.5's have begun cutting!

14515746_1779120395688608_2142243431416594432_n.jpg

Please note, those blanks are being cut right now, they are NOT in-house so should not be delaying production/shipment of the remaining 4.7s, 2.7s, and the 7/7s and 4.1s.
In other news, hunting-season may slow down production at some of the contractors...

Another update, this one from yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNIh3f7hgxw/

15056627_337609119936722_8009992614084345856_n.jpg

surviveknivesJust a quick update for everyone. In true Murphy's law fashion our buffer went down right before this long holiday weekend. We're working on getting it sorted out as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we will be working on fitting handles, blasting blades, sharpening orders, and all the other workshop tasks. There will be a ton of shipping labels as soon as the buffer is back in action. Apologies for the delay.

surviveknives@forte_defense I wish that we could take off for the holidays but the reality is that we'll be working. Just too much to do, I wouldn't feel right taking the time off.

I feel dirty, I've been trying to save for a KME but there Guy is with a Baldor!
Kidding, whatever, just thought it ironic.

Not shit walking at all, in case people took it that way, you go Guy, with your bad self!

What is the old saying Grog, it is a poor craftsman that blames the quality of his tools?
One of my very favorite knife makers uses a saw from Harbor Freight so I say use what you have.
There aren't any extra points for being fancy if it does the job. :)

I feel dirty, I've been trying to save for a KME but there Guy is with a Baldor!
Kidding, whatever, just thought it ironic.

Regarding KME: it is an awesome tool. I think it's the best bang for the buck sharpener on the market.

We run a few Baldors in our grinding business. They've been tough machines for roughing stuff out. I'd sure love to have a vari-drive KME someday though.....

Anyone starting to get shipping notifications for their 4.7's or 4.1's yet? Not too many days left this month...

People are getting pre-order 4.7's, I believe. I think Ive read of at least one pre-sale customer getting a 4.7.

Back