*Input needed*: Gear/gadgets/accessories you'd like to see from HTM?

How about an anodized aluminum key chain container designed to hold miscellaneous small items (extra flashlight batteries / bulbs / poisoned darts / false fingerprints / tic-tacs). Very small, just big enough to squeeze a battery in that it won't rattle around and get damaged, but also not so big that it gets in the way on your keychain.

How about an anodized aluminum key chain container designed to hold miscellaneous small items (extra flashlight batteries / bulbs / poisoned darts / false fingerprints / tic-tacs). Very small, just big enough to squeeze a battery in that it won't rattle around and get damaged, but also not so big that it gets in the way on your keychain.
Yep, aside from the material, that's basically the titanium tubes that Darrel mentioned when he emailed me with some ideas. I don't see any reason aluminum couldn't be used instead. :thumbup:

I'd also be intested in a nice pen, maybe with CF and Ti, yet I'm not into the whole DNA crown multilator style. How about a Ti money clip, not a bulky thing, but something with a nice texture and shape.

I'd also be intested in a nice pen, maybe with CF and Ti, yet I'm not into the whole DNA crown multilator style. How about a Ti money clip, not a bulky thing, but something with a nice texture and shape.
Oooh, Ti with CF inlays would be sweet on a pen. And yeah, I'm not a fan of the "DNA scraper" end; that's the one attachment I couldn't ever see myself getting on, say, a Hinderer pen.

A Ti money clip is another excellent idea! :thumbup:

Last edited:
How about a Titanium (Space Pen type) pocket pen with an eyelet for key chain attachment.

I like everyone's idea's so far, maybe some different pocketclips, lanyard options would also be good

Any news on anything here? I was just shopping today for a keychain style prytool (think Atwood, Gerber Shard, etc) and remembered this thread. Some of the Atwoods are just a little too over the top tooly for me. I'd like a simple functional prytool with maybe a bottle opener or seatbelt cutter notch?

Ooh, I had forgotten about flashlights. I'd absolutely be up for that since I carry a flashlight on a daily basis along with a locking folder and a Victorinox. It's definitely something that'd have to be done in collaboration with an established flashlight company -- a la what Strider does with Lenslight -- since HTM itself doesn't do flashlights/electronics.

I would say team up with Henry at HDS lights. The best EDC light on the planet. That would be awesome, and I'm sure Henry would oblige. Apparently he's been having issues making enough of the lights as he contracts out a lot of the manufacturing. With Darrel Ralph's equipment, I'm sure they could be whipped up, and if I remember correctly, he may reside in Texas.

Please give Henry a shout; http://www.hdssystems.com/

Sorry this thread has kind of fallen by the wayside between me being out of action for a while and Darrel being super busy getting things up and running with the new shop. I'll start bugging him about making some of this stuff, especially things that seemed to have a lot of interest like the keychain tool (prybar/bottle opener/maybe a seatbelt cutter), pen, and flashlight.

I would say team up with Henry at HDS lights. The best EDC light on the planet. That would be awesome, and I'm sure Henry would oblige. Apparently he's been having issues making enough of the lights as he contracts out a lot of the manufacturing. With Darrel Ralph's equipment, I'm sure they could be whipped up, and if I remember correctly, he may reside in Texas.

Please give Henry a shout; http://www.hdssystems.com/
Ooh, that's intriguing. I'll pass that along to Darrel.

gerber-shard-2.jpg

I would love to see a refined USA made version of the Gerber Shard. Not a direct copy but the mini pry-bar and bottle opener that fits on a keyring.

I'd like to see a fixed blade of some sort. Whether it be a nice necker (~3" blade) or a smallish 4-5" full size knife, I would definitely buy it.

I'd like to see a fixed blade of some sort. Whether it be a nice necker (~3" blade) or a smallish 4-5" full size knife, I would definitely buy it.
The lineup is a bit folder-heavy at the moment, but HTM does have a knife in its current lineup that might be along the lines of what you're looking for: the Randall King-designed Desert Enforcer, which has a 5" CPM-S30V blade and G-10 scales.

siteCLBK_rkk_medium_zps4001a31f.jpg

de2_medium_zpsef2c1e40.jpg

The lineup is a bit folder-heavy at the moment, but HTM does have a knife in its current lineup that might be along the lines of what you're looking for: the Randall King-designed Desert Enforcer, which has a 5" CPM-S30V blade and G-10 scales.

siteCLBK_rkk_medium_zps4001a31f.jpg

de2_medium_zpsef2c1e40.jpg
Is there any chance the Gunhammer could be adapted into a fixed blade? The size is perfect for EDC use and a fixed blade of that size wouldn't have any limitations whatsoever. One can dream. :D

Back