INSTANT WOOD

I got my hands on a CUDA-Terzuola CQB-1 today. CQB = Close Quarters Battle. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to come up with a politically correct alternate spelling-out of that abbreviation (something meaningless like CUDA Quantum Blade?).
wink.gif

Click on the small picture for the big picture.
<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/Camillus/CUDA-CQB.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
CUDA-CQB-small.jpg
</A>
(1024w "wallpaper size" image)

The "CUDA Slik-Matte" finish is non-reflective, but much more pleasing to the eye, and probably easier to keep clean, than the bead blast on the current CUDA folders. The grip is comfortable - unscientific survey of me and one of the ladies in our office. Very sharp out of the box. Feels solid. The top edge is not sharp, and not sharpenable without power tools, but it could easily be mistaken for a "dirk or dagger," a consideration of you plan on using that IWB carry strap they supply.

The sheath is from Blade-Tech, the same place that does the very similar sheath for the Spyderco Moran. Very versatile carrying system, multiple positions. I have one nit to pick with both the CQB sheath and the Spyderco Moran sheath, namely that when you push off with your thumb the two halves of the sheath pull away from each other and then snap back, pinching your thumb. This effect can be made less annoying with a minute or two of scraping the inside edges of the kydex with the point of a small knife to create a bevel in place of that sharp right angle.

The black canvas micarta grips are have a terribly practical tactical non-slip blasted finish that is just begging me to touch them up with a sanding belt, and then some hand-sanding, and 0000 steel wool. I'd be tempted to go totally un-tactical, but the idea of buffing anything with a blade that sharp scares me.
wink.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

------------------
Web Site At www.infinet.com/~browzer/bldesmth.html
New Web at www.darrelralph.com

[This message has been edited by Darrel Ralph (edited 02-19-2000).]

Back