"integrated belt loops" ?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for tips and tricks, Youtube tutorial or else to make what I call "integrated belt loops". (see pic)
But because I'm might not use the right designation, I can not find any.

Could you please help ?

many thanks,

Laurentintegrated-BL.jpg

Laurent, It seems like a milling machine would be your best option. Short of that, you could drill a series of holes and clean them up with a file. You could also drill a hole at each end and cut out the middle with a Jeweler's saw.

I don't know that I'm correct, but I would call those integral belt loops or slots.

If you invite us to visit you in the Caribbean, I'm sure that half the forum would show up to help you with your sheaths. :D

They're more slots for attaching things (belt clips, firesteel holders, ect) without worrying as much about hole spacing. Unless you use a really thin belt or really wide slots, they're not much use for that. Even then they're not ideal. Curving the material like some do on pistol holsters works OK I suppose.

Like Chris said, you can mark a line, drill some holes, and then connect them. Those in the pics were probably done on a mill or such.

ahahahhaha Chris...great idea : big party here (BBQ & full coolers), everyone comes with his tools...

Tried a new search with "Kydex slots" and found this : https://youtu.be/9_shU5JxRXE

the Dremel accessory seems to be (one of) the tricks.

thanks to both of you

L.

Hey Horsewright,
how come your work is not displayed into the HERMES boutiques yet ????

Don't know. Whats a Hermes boutique? Did just get back from a big show (havn't even unpacked all the way) where we did REALLY well. Best show in years.

Back