INVICTA WATCHES SUCK Y or N ?

I went to visit my dad yesterday and he felt the need to show me boxes and boxes of watches he has been buying over the years some of which include Invicta watches,
a5b4b4ff7163e7b06f4c035e0fafd2a7.jpg
3951ad64fd515172e201cc1644c30239.jpg
they are huge I don't know how many he has but he seems to really love watches anyway I wonder how many other people like Invicta watches here's a couple pics. and lastly , are Invicta wataches of good quality? some seem rather expensive..even on amaz.. these two items are like `1500.00 well enjoy the pics.
28f51f2053c99e0543466b1cfd16b6f9.jpg
9e9d5cb581eb451b3dc02511cb5c204a.jpg

Sent from my dads garage.

Last edited:
Has, a little bit, and no.

Watch enthusiasts know all about them. Biggest complaint is that they either have weird designs or they copy everybody else's designs. And their internal workmanship can be questionable. But they do make some solid models such as their copies of the Rolex sub.

I don't know about the ones you found online for high prices but their subs for example used to say $395 on the box but were only worth about $90 online.

Early on I kind of liked them and seemed to me to be on the way to being a higher end watch. Now they seem to me to be a bling watch. Don't know about the quality. Have not owned one in years as the very few designs they have I would wear I can get better for the same money.

i bought 2 for work wear (landscaper) they cost me $50 and $75, both are divers that look like a rolex, both havent skipped a beat. Once the battery in the $50 one dies i will throw it and get another. The $75 is an auto. Perfect if you work hard outdoors. I have a Raymond Weil tango for other times.

I've been collecting watches since the 80's. Gone through maybe 100 or so in that time. Early on I bought lower priced watches and gradually worked up to Sinn, Tutima, Omega, Rolex, IWC watches.
I bought an Invicta automatic diver back in the 90's for around $100. I have to say it was the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned. Markers would fall off the dial, the watch would stop working or run slow, or run fast. I'm not exaggerating when I say it spent more time at my watchmaker's shop than on my wrist. Finally gave it to my adult son and it quickly stopped forever.
100% JUNK.
Now I think their designs are totally BUTT UGLY.

Invicta does not manufacture watches: they sell watches assembled for them in China, using readily available parts manufactured in China, Malaysia, Japan and (occasionally) Switzerland. Their quality control and customer service are notoriously bad, but the parts they buy are good. If you're worried about a dud, buy from a dealer who accepts returns. They sell many cheap watches and many ugly watches, but you know about eye of the beholder. Watch collectors don't collect this brand, with one exception: Invicta 8926.

invicta-8926ob.jpg

A Rolex Submariner "homage" you can buy for $80, or $70 if you wait for a sale, and a good beater watch if you get a good one. Older ones used Miyota 8215 movements.

http://calibercorner.com/miyota-caliber-8215/

Newer ones use Seiko NH25A and NH35A movements.

http://calibercorner.com/seiko-caliber-nh35a/

Watch collectors who are handy with tools buy these Invicta watches for the case and the movement. They replace the hands, dial, bezel, crystal and bracelet, and post photos of their mods on the internet. Some of them get carried away and replace the case and movement too!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/lets-see-those-invicta-8926-mods-895244.html

Last edited:
I had the Invicta 8926 and didn't have any problems with it, and not much to complain about. I didn't like the hour markers and sold mine to wear my Sandoz instead. I later bought a white dial model and wore it for awhile. No complaints with it either but eventually got tired of white dials and sold that one too.

DSC_6300b.jpg

Thank you so far guys. this is all good info . my dad will be pleased to hear about the quality movements of specific watches. he is handy w/ tools buy gave up on using the computer 3 years ago. not that he really followed anything the way we do in the above. or w/ the enthusiasm of serious collectors, he just buys them it seems cuz it is fun. most of his watches are fun. thanks again. keep the replies coming......

I would not buy any of the higher priced invicta watches.Some have really cheap all plastic movements or are diver watches without a screw down crown.I have to mention another watch worth purchasing is the the Invicta 9937 with the Sellita SW 200-1 26 Jewel movement.A solid piece that keeps perfect time either -1 or +1/day

A guy at work wears these all the time. They are such huge watches that he looks like Flav a Flav when wearing them. 😃

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Ivictas seem to be hit or miss. My father has a couple, and for the $100-200 he paid, they're OK. At least as good as any of the department store 'fashion' brands you'd pay the same price for. Can't comment too much on the quality, as his don't get worn much (gave two of them to my 15 y/o nephew).

Some seemed have decent design, others are just big and gaudy, just to be big and gaudy... but if your dad likes the ones he has, that's all that really matters.

For what it's worth, go check out some of the watch forums. Those guys dispise Invicta, and a few similar brands. Mostly for their marketing strategies. The sell on a repected 'traditional' brand name from the past, but at deep discount pricing. For some of those guys, it's just as bad as knives sold under the Smith & Wesson brand. But if you're not a watch snob, and you're not trying to impress guys wearing Rolexs, Breitlings, or Tag Hears, do you care?

I used to peruse different watch manufacturers many years ago. I saw a few Invacta's back then and they were usually in the $100-200 price range (although they MSRP'ed 3-4 ties that). For most people today, watches are really just personal taste. If you get one you like, whether it's a $5 Walmart special or a $5000 Maurice Lacroix, as long as it works in whatever environment you are in, that's what's important.

If your father likes the price point and "quality" of the Invicta, but he wants a slightly more traditional design, Stauer has some traditional style watches for similar prices. I can't attest to the quality, but my friend's father has been wearing one for the last 10 years and loves it.

Personally, I purchased a two tier fake burlwood watch case from Stauer many years ago and love it (although it's filled with other watch brands). However they do not list it on their website anymore. They have a Watch Winder single case on their website that looks similar, but for only one watch.

The Grand Diver and Pro Diver autos are durable and priced right, look nice to boot.

If it seems Invicta gets it's share of haters, try this - post up your new Armitron on a watch forum and express how nice you think it is. Don't forget that both are in JC Penney, where you can't find many of the niche Swiss watches some fans drool over. Watch forums are all about the fringe element of buyers who gush over looks and a few features, yet who stifle development - it's about status and owning one as part of a club. They wholeheartedly refuse to explore the margins of the watch world - and in the '80s their predecessors hated Seikos for doing the exact same thing.

Invicta kicked it to the curb in their eyes and they cannot stand to have it rubbed in their face. They complain about MSRP? Really? Invicta sells more worldwide than most of the "elite" Swiss makers put together. And service? Buy a Rolex Sub on a trip to Hong Kong, and the local dealer will suggest in superlative terms that is where you will ship it for warranty service. Invicta might seem to be trolling some of the better makers out there, but it's because they do exactly the same thing in many cases.

As for ugly nobody mentions Diesel, G Shock, or Hublot. Each has it's fan base but there are some very ornate aesthetic designs that make them nearly illegible to read. Since it's a matter of taste - if it sells, but doesn't meet your expectations, then who are we to judge? Yet Invicta haters using the yard stick of Swiss quality will make accusations that border on racism - the term "Thug" has been used more than once. That was the same word used by Truman's speech writer in his women's magazine articles to describe the users of switchblades who preyed on delicate young white women in the 50's.

And it's taken about 50 years to reverse that scam of social reengineering. I don't see Invicta haters in a better light for it. We all don't like some brands, styles or looks over another. I'll judge Invicta by it's enemies, that's always been a yardstick to go by when things are being muddied.

^Not sure what you're trying to get across there.

Seiko gained respect because they actually put out a quality product. Invicta sells mostly junk. I've had 4, they all died, but the Seiko 5 I had for years longer was still within 20 seconds gain a month with the same wear habits. Invicta is the Taylor brands of watches, some of them will be fine and work well enough for most people, but their marketing is predatory, they rip off other designs, and their customer service is horrendous.

^Not sure what you're trying to get across there.

Seiko gained respect because they actually put out a quality product. Invicta sells mostly junk. I've had 4, they all died, but the Seiko 5 I had for years longer was still within 20 seconds gain a month with the same wear habits. Invicta is the Taylor brands of watches, some of them will be fine and work well enough for most people, but their marketing is predatory, they rip off other designs, and their customer service is horrendous.
personally i do fine w/ this ska 371 have had it almost 5 years. runs great.
zY7jbF6m.jpg
ta0bUYhm.jpg

If it seems Invicta gets it's share of haters, try this - post up your new Armitron on a watch forum and express how nice you think it is. Don't forget that both are in JC Penney, where you can't find many of the niche Swiss watches some fans drool over. Watch forums are all about the fringe element of buyers who gush over looks and a few features, yet who stifle development - it's about status and owning one as part of a club. They wholeheartedly refuse to explore the margins of the watch world - and in the '80s their predecessors hated Seikos for doing the exact same thing.

Sounds much like knife enthusiasts and knife forums.

Back