Ironwood and A2 Steel Traditional Tantos!

Daniel, you are killin' it lately ( even more than usual. :D) I love the look of these and the hidden pins is where it's at! It just smooths the lines perfectly.
Congratulations on the nice score Evan and RKH. :thumbup:
Oh yeah, this in a frame lock? Most definitely!!!!!

D729

Wow are you kidding, a frame lock along these lines, like freak us out or what! Is this one of those other kinds you have been talking about? And bare steel blade to? Like talk to us man. Smaller maybe, pocket size? The thing about being new on the list is that we have a chance to wait and see your creations, like looking in Santa's window.

Don

:D I'm listening and I like it! They would likely be a framelock in a pocket friendly confiuration.

That slab of ironwood on the grind side of the black one was destined to be on this knife. The grain follows the flow of the shape perfectly.

I am gonna cut so much s#*t with this thing!

Good to hear! These are along the lines of a scalpel... :D

I spent a ton of time on the Ironwood, thanks for being patient as I think it came out great!

Daniel, you are killin' it lately ( even more than usual. :D) I love the look of these and the hidden pins is where it's at! It just smooths the lines perfectly.
Congratulations on the nice score Evan and RKH. :thumbup:
Oh yeah, this in a frame lock? Most definitely!!!!!

Thanks! lol look out for more hidden pins soon! But you won't see them! :highly_amused:

Framelock!

Sheaths! These are very one hand friendly with a small ridge for easier unsheathing.

Total package weight - ~85 grams or just at 3 ounces! EDC friendly with lots of knife for the weight. That's knife and sheath! The ironwood/black liners weighs a bit more at 90 grams...

Very nice sheaths. I saw the ones on the S7's to, nobody makes stuff like this!
The kydex you made on my Kiradashi is super to. I stick it in my back pocket when I go out and it stays there like glue. Wish I could get one made for neck carry, do you have one I can buy?
Super day Daniel.

Don

Very nice sheaths. I saw the ones on the S7's to, nobody makes stuff like this!
The kydex you made on my Kiradashi is super to. I stick it in my back pocket when I go out and it stays there like glue. Wish I could get one made for neck carry, do you have one I can buy?
Super day Daniel.

Don

Thanks Don! :cool:

Neck carry - they can be tricky to neck carry if they are the .26" solid/heavy duty ones due to the sheer mass and straight design.

Sometimes I can make a longer sheath for better retention on a dashi... just let me know if I can do anything to help out. I might need a quick pic to see what would be best. Some have a sleek cord wrap which is hard to get great retention especially when upside down.

I will make more kiridashis but they may be a ways off...

Thanks Daniel,

Nice reply! Yes I have the big boy dashi
and I see the problem...thin wraps, short handle. So if we lengthened the sheath it would be tough to remove and slow the fast draw. I take it with me everywhere, a handy tool indeed!

Wow, as busy as you are I would feel guilty anyway having you make the sheath, taking from
your valuable time

making those awesome knives! It means a lot though that you would even offer!

Glad to be part of DFK.

Don

Thanks Daniel,

Nice reply! Yes I have the big boy dashi
and I see the problem...thin wraps, short handle. So if we lengthened the sheath it would be tough to remove and slow the fast draw. I take it with me everywhere, a handy tool indeed!

Wow, as busy as you are I would feel guilty anyway having you make the sheath, taking from
your valuable time

making those awesome knives! It means a lot though that you would even offer!

Glad to be part of DFK.

Don

That is very nice to hear, much thanks. :D

Just let me know though, what is important to me is to make the best and my customers are the only ones who get the vote!

Just saw the photos on the sheaths. Can't wait to get the Tanto. It just looks likes a great user. Thanks daniel for a great forums and all the nice people here and excellent input. It has help me to understand the chisel grind.

RKH

Just saw the photos on the sheaths. Can't wait to get the Tanto. It just looks likes a great user. Thanks daniel for a great forums and all the nice people here and excellent input. It has help me to understand the chisel grind.

RKH

Thanks! These will be a great one to carry... super slicey, very tall thin grind and high hardness!

Thank you, I really appreciate everything!

Hey daniel! Just wanted to make sure you received my payment.

Hey Evan! I sure did, we had some internet issues yesterday evening and I need to hand the laptop over to the mailing department. :D Look out for a notice here in a second...

Thanks again too! :cool:

Yeah send these out! WHAT ARE U SAITING FOR?!#$
lol

pics?

They are on the way out now... Sara is on the way! :D

I'll get some pics today! :D Been working on emails...

What were you sayin'?
[video=youtube_share;4q6uxn7tUuc]http://youtu.be/4q6uxn7tUuc[/video]

They are on the way out now... Sara is on the way! :D

I'll get some pics today! :D Been working on emails...

What were you sayin'?
[video=youtube_share;4q6uxn7tUuc]http://youtu.be/4q6uxn7tUuc[/video]

Got the email, thanks to the both of you!

Looks like that'll be a nice weekend present for me. What is it insured for? Just curious so I know if I have to sign or not.

Thanks man!

Well, as usual, I'm late to the party once again . . . . but there is just something about ironwood when it is wrapped around a good looking piece of steel . . . . especially from a great craftsman from Colorado . . . . :thumbup:
Great job Daniel, really like the sheath design for these as well. Looks like I will need to stop in here more often in the future . . . . ;)
Be safe.

Better late... ^ :)
About that sheath. A good or a poor knife MUST have a good sheath. Daniel knows this.
And Daniel, where did the hidden pins idea come from? Too nice, man!!

Well, as usual, I'm late to the party once again . . . . but there is just something about ironwood when it is wrapped around a good looking piece of steel . . . . especially from a great craftsman from Colorado . . . . :thumbup:
Great job Daniel, really like the sheath design for these as well. Looks like I will need to stop in here more often in the future . . . . ;)
Be safe.

Thanks and it is great to have you back!

Better late... ^ :)
About that sheath. A good or a poor knife MUST have a good sheath. Daniel knows this.
And Daniel, where did the hidden pins idea come from? Too nice, man!!

Thanks for the kind words on the sheath!

Hidden Pins - I'm not sure really, like most of my ideas I had a look in mind and figured out a way to pull it off the right way. I'll do more hidden pins for sure!

Back