Is beening able to disassemble a knife yourself

I always like thing including knives I cab disassenble, which is the reason I prefer my Sebbie over a Benchmade or Microtech. Do you prefer knives that can be disassemled, does it make it a better knife for you in muddy/sandy/corrosive enviroments because you can clean and maintain it?

Any knife that isn't pinned together can be easily disassembled. As long as you know how to put it together again properly there is no way the manufacturer can tell it was ever apart.

I also prefer being able to take a knife completely apart for a good cleaning, if needed. Honestly though I very rarely find the need to disassammble a knife to get it cleaned properly.

I like being able to take things apart, to clean them, replace stuff, and just because it's what I do with just about everything.

My CS Voyager is riveted together and you can't take any of it apart. Fortunately, it's still perfect for me after 2 years of EDC. Lockup is good enough for me (though fairly looser than from the factory IIRC), and it flicks open really well, while still staying closed in my pocket without any trouble.

_z

Back