Is lock on BM Mini Dejavoo modified locking liner or is it factory malfunction?

I think it is operator error.
What you talking bout Willis?:confused:.

Sally sells seashells by the seashore.
Sally shells seashores by the seashell.
Shally shores shellshores by the shoresells.
Cabala drinks too much before he asks questions.

I'm pretty sure he meant the lock on the Rat Cutlery Izula. The lock on that is, like, well, non-existent :eek:
:D

I think he's on to something here, or on something...

He's probably asking why the liner lock on the Mini Dejavoo opens too easy. I've heard they open quite easily. So it's probably not a factory malfunction. Now if you're using your knife and the lock fails on you that's another story.

The early BM Mini Dejavoo Mod #745 had this problem. The ones today do not. The new ones lock up solid. Benchmade will fix it for you if you send it in to tem for warranty service. If you are not sure if it's a warranty issue, still send it to them with $5 for return shipping. Tell them the issue and they will fix it, sharpen it and clean it up for you too.

It's that's simple with Benchmade.
Good luck cabala.

C1

Here is something about lock on both Dejavoo's. I disassembled mini and just a bit bend it lock ( titanium plate ) in direction of locking. Now locks tightly and has no accidental opens. Don't know is this good what I have done, but I am satisfied how works now. Truly remarkable knife ( and big brother too ).

Here is something about lock on both Dejavoo's. I disassembled mini and just a bit bend it lock ( titanium plate ) in direction of locking. Now locks tightly and has no accidental opens. Don't know is this good what I have done, but I am satisfied how works now. Truly remarkable knife ( and big brother too ).

I'm no expert but not properly bending formed metal can create stresses in all the wrong places. You should have sent it back.

I've had a mini for a little over a year. The lock works fine on mine, however it did open too easily. A tweak with a Torx wrench and a spot of Locktite to tighten the pivot did the trick. It's one of my favorite EDCs.

Ric

Back