is there anyone here used LM's mini-tool?

I've used one. To me, the tool was too small for anything other than cutting open boxes and cutting small items. The pliers are great for dealing with wires and small nuts and bolts. I had it on a keychain once and found it too heavy. Over time, I stopped using the mini-tool and switched to a mini-champ. If you've very small jobs, a mini-tool is fine. I hope this helps.

IMO, the savings in length is offset by the hassle of unfolding the handle extensions, the low number of tools and the shortness of the blade and file. I bought one, played with it for a while and then went back to the standard PST for those times when I want to carry a smaller tool.

I carried the Mini Tool for quite a while. I rate it as the equal of the full-sized first generation Leatherman, at least as a plier. When fully unfolded it does a very nice job and when folded it's smaller than most keychain tools. The only drawback is the lack of additional tools beyond the pliers.

I would not carry the Mini Tool as my only option, but it makes an outstanding match for a well-appointed SAK.

--Bob Q

okok,thank you for all yr vualuble reply here.becos i want to to buy my first mutipliers tool for wide activities,but most of the leatherman tools look too big for me...(i am a hong kong people),sure,juice's size is perfect but i dun like it for some reason.

btw,i am new to these forums. :cool:

If you dont like the juice for some reason, you'll probably like the mini Leatherman. I wish I had kept my wife's instead of her giving it to her mom.

I've had a mini-tool for years. It used to live on my keychain until it got to be a PITA every time I got on a plane. I like them however.

well my question is:is mini-tool hard and solid enough??becos it's seem that it had so many folding parts.....is it durable? :confused:

IMO multitools are at best medium duty tools. Keep that in mind and work within the structural limitations and whatever you choose will be fine.

Back