Issue with Secure-X sheath on Master Tanto

I’ve wanted one of the Master Tanto knives since they were first introduced (yep, I’m that old). Finally bit the bullet and bought one. Love, love, love the knife and honestly don’t mind the Secure-X sheath other than one troublesome issue, it rattles quite a bit.

I have an older SRK in Carbon V with the Secure-X sheath and it makes almost no noise but this new Master Tanto is quite noisy. Eventually I’ll likely get a custom Kydex setup for it, but in the meantime, is there something I can do to tighten up the sheath on the blade so it doesn’t make quite so much noise?

Thanks.

I've read other people who have suggested heating the sheath with a hair dryer then forming the sheath by hand for a tighter fit.

I've read other people who have suggested heating the sheath with a hair dryer then forming the sheath by hand for a tighter fit.
I gave that a go with a small heat gun my wife had and just heated the back of the sheath, about 2/3 of the way down the blade and then pinched that in while it cooled with the blade in the sheath. That made a big difference. It still will rattle a little bit if I really shake it but at least while walking around with it on the belt it doesn’t rattle so loudly. Thanks.

Back