Recommendation? It’s that time of the year again…

Where I want a new traditional. I’m looking for a Barlow or larger trapper pattern. Carbon steel. Stag, bone or a nice wood. Not case or biker. I’d like a quality (not saying they don’t make quality) knife like GEC. I’m not familiar with all the non popular companies. Any recommendations? Under $250 if possible.

Where I want a new traditional. I’m looking for a Barlow or larger trapper pattern. Carbon steel. Stag, bone or a nice wood. Not case or biker. I’d like a quality (not saying they don’t make quality) knife like GEC. I’m not familiar with all the non popular companies. Any recommendations? Under $250 if possible.
Check out the French fry day thread

I just got my first Jack Wolf knife and I must say it’s the nicest slip joint I have ever had in that price range.

I have a couple of large GEC trapper’s I’d be willing to part with for less than you want to pay. Since you don’t have a paid membership we can’t exchange PMs and I don’t deal on an open thread or sell to a non paying member. Imho the first thing you should consider is purchasing a membership. It’s well worth it if you are going to spend some time here. Plus it keeps the lights on. Hope you find one you’re looking for. In the meantime have a great thanksgiving holiday!
Cheers, Dan

I have a couple of large GEC trapper’s I’d be willing to part with for less than you want to pay. Since you don’t have a paid membership we can’t exchange PMs and I don’t deal on an open thread or sell to a non paying member. Imho the first thing you should consider is purchasing a membership. It’s well worth it if you are going to spend some time here. Plus it keeps the lights on. Hope you find one you’re looking for. In the meantime have a great thanksgiving holiday!
Cheers, Dan
I would do exactly what Dan said and then contact him about a Barlow! Dan is a great guy!

I’ve been on this forum for about 20 years or a
So but as of late with my son being born last year, I haven’t been on here much. If I were on the forum more I would buy a membership but as of late I don’t have a ton of time! Though I’d be inclined to purchase the knives!

I’ve been on this forum for about 20 years or a
So but as of late with my son being born last year, I haven’t been on here much. If I were on the forum more I would buy a membership but as of late I don’t have a ton of time! Though I’d be inclined to purchase the knives!
Hello UJM, I’ll tell you what I can do. If you’re so inclined you can post your email address on my profile page and we’ll chat.
Cheers, Dan View attachment 2399289

Back