Off Topic It's been fun, but I'm not sure I can continue with these moderators

I've seen threads shut down by moderators many times. Typically, members are being disrespectful to one another, somebody reports someone else, and the moderators shut it down. That's understandable.

Tonight, someone started a thread on the end of Joe X's videos. It was shut down before I could reply my thoughts.

Consequently, I decided to start a new post on the end of Joe X's videos. I asked people to be respectful. The thread was shut down to new replies, after 6-7 replies. This happened in the spam of 5-7 minutes. Ironically, it was a MODERATOR, who replied with the most offensive comment. I suspect this same MODERATOR, shut down the thread to further replies.

To be clear, I did nothing wrong. I didn't even get a chance to reply to the thread I started. I literally went to the bathroom, and it was shut down when I came back. If the moderators are abusing their power in this manner, and violating their own rules for the forum, maybe this isn't a forum for me. I prefer honesty, to exclusion and derogatory comments.

Last edited:
Here's the word on the street, Joe X isn't a member here so he doesn't need a dozen threads announcing his flaky departure.

And I guess if you feel that's not fair then this place won't be a good fit.

Here's the word on the street, Joe X isn't a member here so he doesn't need a dozen threads announcing his flaky departure.

And I guess if you feel that's not fair then this place won't be a good fit.
Apparently my post wasn't shut down. A moderator just moved it to a different topic. It's often difficult to know what topic to chose.

As a mechanical engineer, I found Joe X's videos informative. His tests certainly weren't scientific. However, watching his videos, and watching other videos and written reviews of the same blade, helped me greatly in choosing the right blades.

They moved my post to "Off Topic". I could have sworn that was the original category I chose for the post. It is late, though. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I am the one who merged your thread and another as they were duplicates of an already closed subject.

I then moved this thread from knife discussion to tech support. You were sent notifications as to why. You can view those by clicking the bell in the top right.

Yes after about 4x threads about the same thing all appear and get merged and shutdown it's probably the clear hint that another is not warranted or welcome. Old saying... "read the room".

I am the one who merged your thread and another as they were duplicates of an already closed subject.

I then moved this thread from knife discussion to tech support. You were sent notifications as to why. You can view those by clicking the bell in the top right.
You merged it with a thread that was already shut down. Can I ask why? I was hoping to have a respectful discussion about the end of Joe X's videos?

No sense in multiple current threads on the same subject. Also can't see much value in discussing someone who isn’t participating. Any discussion right now is pure speculation at best.

Back