It's The End Of The World What Custom Knife Would You Grab ( Happy Halloween :) )

There's certainly solid precedent for the use of the khukuri in an anti-zombie application:

standard.jpg

...there's knives in this photo?

; )

I'll just grab this simply because in my whole life I'm more familiar with this ;)

ParangCandungMangAko05.jpg

It's a Parang Lading Pendek :)

mohd

Now that it's in my possession... my Knight Khuk and Ed Brown Kobra would be a great fighting duo!!

KnightandKobra.jpg

.. I believe that would definitely work ..
Thanks Joe!
Some other knife might works better but I've been using and handling this type of Parang Lading Pendek since I was a small kid.
IMVHO familiarity helps a lot when come to actual surprising situation, what say you Joe?

.. Details ? ..
OAL 17", blade 11 1/2", handle 5 1/2", width at the ricasso 1 1/8", width at the widest part 1 7/8", cutting edge 8 1/4", thickness at the ricasso 5/16", thickness at ~ 1" from the tip 1/8".
Blade material is Balik Mipih (i.e. Indonesian San Mai Damascus), handle material is unknown local hardwood and fixtures material is brass.
It has a rat tail tang which was screwed to the pommel.
The weight is just nice for my Southeast Asian body size whereby it's not too heavy and not too light :)

mohd

Last edited:
Thanks Joe!
Some other knife might works better but I've been using and handling this type of Parang Lading Pendek since I was a small kid.
IMVHO familiarity helps a lot when come to actual surprising situation, what say you Joe?

OAL 17", blade 11 1/2", handle 5 1/2", width at the ricasso 1 1/8", width at the widest part 1 7/8", cutting edge 8 1/4", thickness at the ricasso 5/16", thickness at ~ 1" from the tip 1/8".
Blade material is Balik Mipih (i.e. Indonesian San Mai Damascus), handle material is unknown local hardwood and fixtures material is brass.
It has a rat tail tang which was screwed to the pommel.
The weight is just nice for my Southeast Asian body size whereby it's not too heavy and not too light :)

mohd

I could not agree more :)

I bet you could cut a flys wings off with that sucker :)

Matt lamey 11.5 fighting bowie with with wicked Hamon and ceylon ebony handle! Razor Sharp and fast as hell in hand!

Please notice the caramel streak in the ebony wood! Matt amazed me with this one and is my favorite lamey to date by far...lucky for me it's mine!

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is one of Lamey's best IMO.

A local client of mine posted this on another forum. He just received the lower blade (from his wife as a birthday gift) a few days ago as a companion piece for the sword from last year. (last year's gift).

DSCN0931.jpg

and a video of some cutting with the sword.

[youtube]Ydu6scqVmJQ[/youtube]

Wow, you guys are awesome, I've learned so much about customs and their makers from this thread. I can't imagine how to go about getting on a makers "good list" to be on the receiving end of some of these blades. Ty for the pics too!

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are awesome, I've learned so much about customs and their makers from this thread. I can't imagine how to go about getting on a makers "good list" to be on the receiving end of some of these blades. Ty for the pics too!

That is the fantastic thing about some of the projects I try and do with makers like Jason

These makers sometimes are not even taking orders so these projects if you are in the right place at the right time can land you a piece from one of the unattainable makers put there.

Good luck :)

Rick - most excellent zombie blades for sure. Stuart - I forgot about that sword - that'll do nicely.

Not the best pic... but two FANTASTIC Blades that I'd grab!!

Nick Wheeler Chopper and Jason Knight Khukuri... :)

WheelerandKnight.jpg

Back