izula wrap....again and again

Hi Guys

So I've had my first EESE knife for two weeks now; a tan Izula. I must have wrapped and re-wrapped this little guy 10 times already. I think I have finally found a wrap I'm happy with.

So how often do you guys wrap your Izula's?

I wrapped twice until I received the micarta handles. They're gonna stay on my Izzy from now on. They rock. :D

i use my izula at work (automotive mechanic) and i only change the wrap when it looks dirty from my oily hands

I wrapped it once held it and didn't like it so I carry it bare.
I have considered the micarta handles but bare works really well for me.

Interesting that a lot of you guys prefer the naked handles. To me the Izzy just feels more secure in my hand while it's wrapped. I guess I'll see how it goes when I actually get chance to use it for something a little more demanding than opening mail.

I guess to me the bare izzy is the definition of no frills no bs blade. Just a well designed piece of 1095 that I can put anywhere.

The problem of constantly changing wraps is not having enough Izulas on hand. The solution is to buy many Izulas so you can have various wraps on each to enjoy and an Izula that is kept bare for trial wraps.

I like several different wraps, but my preferred one on an Izula is this one:

dsc01468v.jpg

Once, it resulted in 5 stitches. :D

All that and then I realized I didn't like it wrapped. Scales or bare.

The first one I got has been wrapped twice. When I first got it, and after I cleaned a deer with it.

The problem of constantly changing wraps is not having enough Izulas on hand. The solution is to buy many Izulas so you can have various wraps on each to enjoy and an Izula that is kept bare for trial wraps.

I like several different wraps, but my preferred one on an Izula is this one:

[SNIP]

Where did you learn that wrap? Do you have a website or video? I really like the look of it, especially with the central cord running through the middle.

The wrap for sure had a "cool" factor to it. But from a usability standpoint, not so much. Mud, blood, guts, fat, sand don't smell so good after a short period of time. It's micarta for me now.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm a terrible wrapper.

I've only done it once ... unhappy with the result ... but uncertain I can do any better at present.:eek:

Maybe I need lessons?:(

It's surprisingly comfy when its bare but I wrapped mine 3x, in the sheath every time and surprisingly no cuts. My becker bit me more.

Back