"Jamall" Kornalski OCD 150

This is only an "opening" review, but I couldn't wait.

Adam has done a great job with this knife. Absolutely symmetrical grinds on the blade and handle.

The cutting edge is 5 7/8". Otherwise, 3/16" x 1 1/4" Handle is 4 1/2" long x 1 1/8" high at it's highest dimension.

Uddholm Vanadis 4 Extra steel. Powdered steel: 1.40% C, 0.40% Si, 0.40% Mn, 4.70% Cr, 3.50% Mo, 3.70% V

Balance is exactly on the first handle bolt, so slightly handle heavy.

Jimping useful for anchoring thumb but not too aggressive.

Spine slightly relieved.

G10 handle is very comfortable for me - just the right amount of texture. Absolutely flush with tang. Lanyard hole sized for 550 cord and out of the way of grip.

Sheath fits tight but thumb shelf allows easy draw. NO rattling with blade in sheath. Top of the nylon belt loop is at top of handle so no poking in the short ribs when I sit down. Loop extends from kydex accessory bolted to main body of sheath. Details include drain hole.

"But he's in Poland," you say. I paid on Sunday 11/13 and it was in the air to US on Wednesday 11/16, having traveled from Lodz to Warsaw. USPS should be nearly so fast !

Thank Thomas Linton.

I have been wondering about his blades. Most of his designs appeal to my eye and his detailed description and quality photos increase my curiosity. But, the oversea shipment gives me pause, and have thus far not pulled the trigger on one of his blades.

But, recently went out on a limb and ordered a knife by BF member Gollik, in the Czech Republic. While the knife was ordered 12/20 and is still in transit, his prompt communication and provided tracking info are helpful in easing my mind about long, long distance shipping.

Will certainly continue to look at Adam, "Jamall," after reading this.

Thanks again for the feedback.

That is a very good looking design with a steel that most have not used. It is really tough and gets hard with out chipping. ZT make a fixed blade that will work on most medium to large game. I use a hatchet to complement the knife for moose and elk. The Vandis 4extra is surprising when hardened to specification.

Nice review and I concur with all of it. I picked up one of his knives not too long ago as well. It took a few weeks to get to me, but well worth the wait. Everything about the knife is just flawless. It rides with me daily on my EDC bag. Anyone hesitant because of the distance, let me tell you, it's completely worth it!

Beautiful knife. I hope you get to test the edge on that Vanadis 4E at 64 Rc. I'm interested in how well it performs.

Yes ,thank you. I would like a updated after you use it for a while.

Back