Japanese Nakiri Knife Recommendations

Anyone got any good recommendations for a good Japanese Nakiri knife, $200 or below.

Looking to upgrade my junk kitchen knife but don't know the first thing about kitchen knives and don't wanna fall into the trap of just buying a name brand and paying for the name only.

Anyone got any good recommendations for a good Japanese Nakiri knife, $200 or below.

Looking to upgrade my junk kitchen knife but don't know the first thing about kitchen knives and don't wanna fall into the trap of just buying a name brand and paying for the name only.
Tojiro DP Nakiri. 165mm VG10 core san mai. Made in Sanjo Japan. Mine is over 20 years old still going strong never a chip. You can pick one up for $92.-
T2hNAS.png

If you like Wa handles (traditional Japanese) with a carbon steel, the Yoshimitsu 165mm with Aogami (Blue) #2 core san mai $155.
vG7G6l.jpg

If you want damascus, kurouchi and all the blings there are tons more but prices rise at and above $200.

Thanks for the recommendations I definitely love the look of the Wa handles but not sure how they will feel in person. you have given me a few brands to check out so thanks again.

Tojiro DP Nakiri. 165mm VG10 core san mai. Made in Sanjo Japan. Mine is over 20 years old still going strong never a chip. You can pick one up for $92.-
T2hNAS.png

If you like Wa handles (traditional Japanese) with a carbon steel, the Yoshimitsu 165mm with Aogami (Blue) #2 core san mai $155.
vG7G6l.jpg

If you want damascus, kurouchi and all the blings there are tons more but prices rise at and above $200.
Ordered myself a Tojiro, really liked the look of the Yoshimitsu with Wa handle but looks like it'll take a bit too much maintenance for me with the wood and carbon steel. Tojiro looks like a good low maintenance starter for me, thanks again for the recommendation.

Ordered myself a Tojiro, really liked the look of the Yoshimitsu with Wa handle but looks like it'll take a bit too much maintenance for me with the wood and carbon steel. Tojiro looks like a good low maintenance starter for me, thanks again for the recommendation.
Glad to be of help. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Next thing to get into.....sharpening with water stones.

Back