Jigged Bone and Jigged Delrin

Attached is a pic of 10 Schrade knives I grabbed at random. Some are handled in jigged delrin plastic some are bone. They are from various vintages of Schrade knives. Truthfully I should have looked longer to make it a harder test but, this what I grabbed. Do you know the difference by sight? I will post the answer in a few days. Good luck this should be easy. LT

Nice knives as usual LT,

The pattern in 1,2 and 9 is very similar to the jigged delrin I´ve seen in Schrades, I feel 4 and 7 are delrin too.

Number 6 seems to be that beautiful bone handled stockman you showed before, I think 3 and 10 are also bone.

I have doubts in 5 and 8, I´ll guess bone on both.

I have no bone, or plastic, to "PICK" with you LT.... but, here goes

I guess numbers 1,2,6,9 are bone...
numbers 3,4,7,8,10 are delrin or plastic...

#5 is really a tough call for me, but I'll guess ...bone.

Thanks for taking the time to help educate us on this Company's brands.

Bill

Alright, it's time to show my ignorance...

4, 5, 6, 8 are bone....

:confused:

OK the answer to the jigged bone or plastic is 1,7,9 are plastic the rest are real bone. Number 5 is a new special edition muskrat put out fairly recently. the rest are either Schrade Walden or Schrade Cut. The shields were turned away from the picture because many of the plastic versions had SCHRADE etched on them and that is always a sure tell ( as a poker player would say). So everyone can grade themselves. LT

Well, I was all in with a weak hand. I would be busted flat, lookin' for a comp breakfast.
I'm gonna blame it on my eyesight.....so I can maintain a small amount of dignity. LOL. Bone, plastic, bone, plastic?

Thanks for the quiz.

Bill
:confused:

Jeez, not as bad as I thought I'd done... 2 wrong

won't quit my day job, though :rolleyes:

Thanks for the fun quiz!

Back