JK FFL 2014 Weeky Wrap-ups

Thanks and back at you!

Still can't believe that happened, that was an odd game to watch.

still at leas I feel better about taking brees over manning now

Well, I was surprised I made it as far as I did this season. No way I can make up enough ground tonight. Congrats, Peter!

I'm not counting those chickens just yet, but thanks

I'm not being coy either, I don't imagine Andy Dalton in prime time Monday night (week 16) football is going to do very well, meaning Green will likely lay an egg, and could sanders get you 30 or whatever, sure could.

it could be worse one of us could have had the highest scoring QB this year, lucky break ;)

Well it has been settled. No Ordinary Rabbit, Peter Howard, KYenglish has taken the championship!!

A well deserved Champions Knife will be heading out to Mr. Howard in January. Congratulations Pete!!!!

Glenn Towbridge put up a great fight for second place overall, and for a little while it looked like there was a good chance of a victory when Greene went out injured in the first quarter of the MNF game, while Emmanuel Sanders started to have a career day! Congratulations on a well played season to the Honey Badgers!!

After a surprise upset loss, our season long juggernaut Stoney's Jabronis fell in the playoffs, but still had an outstanding year! The Jabs edged out the Dakota Chameleons by two points to take third place. Congrats on a great season once again, Bob - well played!

The Dakota Dag-Beags rounded out the winners side with a heartbreak loss by two points to take 4th overall. Well done, a good showing.

In the also-ran categories, Todd Squad finished in 5th but suffered a final week loss to the Brees, who finished on top of the second half of the standings at 6th.

The Jackhammer benefitted from some outstanding work from the Beast on Sunday Night to wallup the Beavers by 40 points.

The Beavers finished in 7th, the Steelers 8th, Jackhammer 9th and Marshall Mathers ended the season in 10th.

It was a good fun season, and I hope to see you all back next year to have some more frustration!

Thanks guys and gals - Have a Merry Christmas and start planning your 2015 draft strategy soon!

Following is a screen shot of the final standings - note these standings are based on overall points scored and not record, which I considered in rankings above.

2014-12-23 07_59_37-JK FFL 2014 Final League Standings - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN.jpg

best

mqqn

Last edited:
Congratulations Pete, enjoy your new knife. Thanks for the commentaries Andy, I look forward to next year. I love it, I hate it, I guess I'll be back.

Congratulations Pete, enjoy your new knife. Thanks for the commentaries Andy, I look forward to next year. I love it, I hate it, I guess I'll be back.

thanks, Jackhammer, it was a great game!

Couldn't be more surprised, looking forward to next year as well :)

Last edited:
Wow, that was a close one. I'm just comforted that I didn't leave any point on the bench, all my guys kinda stunk this week. Way to go Peter!

Thanks for a fun season, and for your wrap-ups, Andy!

Congrats, Peter! Enjoy the knife. And, Andy, thanks for all the hard work that you did for us running the league.

To all - I enjoyed each and every match. I hope to play again next year - after all, you can't have a winner without a few of us losers! :D

Congrats Peter! POOKA POWER!
GREAT FINISH GLENN..ALLMOST!
Thank you Andy for all the time you put in to this thing!
Honored to be involved with all of you, see you next season (when I might just let the dog make all my picks!:D)
One question, will the trophy knife be shaped like a soccer ball?:confused:

If I'm not mistaken I think the Stoneys at least earned the back-up (or loser :)) prize by scoring more points then any one else?

and the Bucky Beavers scored more points in the "didn't make the playoff's" bracket?

Andy, could you confirm that I'm reading this right?

If I'm not mistaken I think the Stoneys at least earned the back-up (or loser :)) prize by scoring more points then any one else?

and the Bucky Beavers scored more points in the "didn't make the playoff's" bracket?

Andy, could you confirm that I'm reading this right?

Hi Peter -

Yes - the Jabs outscored the closest competitor (The Badgers) by 92 points!

Todd Squad outscored the Beavers by 15 points in the season, but the Beavers were the only loser bracket team with a winning point ratio, outscoring their opponents by an average 4.6 points!
That differential was actually 2 points better than our Champion, but it does come down to coaching after all.

It just means that the Beavers had very big days, and lost a few close ones.

It was a great season, one with a bit of off the field drama that did negatively impact some fantasy teams....

First round picks rarely do as well as one would hope, and it is becoming more apparent that it pays off to pick a prolific QB early - which was not the case before the advent of the RB by Committee that has become popular of late.

That is why I call the game funstrating - it is fun, but frustrating.

best
mqqn

I`ll be ordering handle material around the 10th. I need to know what knife and handle you want.

Back