Joe Dirt

Vivi

BANNED
I saw he was banned and I do not have PM privelages, so I was just curious as to why he's be ousted. My apologies in advance if this type of thread is not allowed.

Go to Advanced Search and put a username in the Search by User Name field and nothing in the Search by Key Word field. Check Show Results as Posts. You'll get all posts by that user with the most recent posts first. Usually the post(s) that caused a user to walk the plank are right at the top of the list.

You have to spell the username right, though, or it won't work. The username you want is "Joe-Dirt."

We don't delete posts at Bladeforums; when a user walks the plank all his posts are still there for everyone to see.

P.S. Another way to accomplish the same thing is to find one of his posts and click on his name, then "find all posts by ..."

I see. I was poking around and just caught the bear thread. Kind of surprising compared to the posts of his I have seen.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I like your policy of not deleting the posts, wish more forums followed that thinking.

I consider myself pretty tolerant of others - if I were a mod I'd be slow to ban people and quick to forgive them. Joe seemed to be asking for punishment in that thread though. A shame, he was always helpful towards me.

Huugh, if you read the whole thread that his last post was in you will see he was told twice to start a new thread instead of hijacking that one. He preferred to walk the plank rather than click the New Thread button.

It seems to me to be quite hard to (permanently) ban for such thing...
But I am not a mod.

huugh said:
It seems to me to be quite hard to (permanently) ban for such thing...
But I am not a mod.

One policy we have on BFC is to not register alias usernames. He had 4 usernames and rotated around using each one causing problems as he went along (not all at the same time though). He was also given many, many chances and failed to follow the very simple rules of the forum. We do not ban for the thrill of banning. We give the benefit of the doubt to everyone. Eventually a persons true colors shine through and what there intentions are and we make a decision based on the severity of the problem. We have to ability to ban for a day or forever. He chose forever.

FWIW, same guy as Joe-Dirt, different username (Fisher of Men, I think he was), was banned from the Spyderco forums a while back. He's got issues, and every now and then he seems to go off his meds and turn into a petulant little boy.

Back