John Howser Custom Knife Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did something rather unexpected for my roommates this morning.

I'm at university and generally me and my 3 roommates are all going in different directions at once. We're all usually busy with studying and often don't see each other much.

This morning I set my alarm a little earlier than I normally do, went out into the kitchen, and started making pancakes. As my roommates started getting up they came out and were greeted by a hot breakfast waiting for them. I cooked a few extra too for the lucky one who doesn't get up till 10:00 because her first class is at 11:00.

They were all very pleasantly surprised :)

Thanks for the opportunity at such a great knife, and for making me think about what being kind to those around me really means.

My wife volunteers at Harvest Hope (food for the needy), and though I am employed at our VA hospital - I never lose touch with what its like to be in a new and 'scary' hospital, and daily always help those needing that bit of extra help to find their appointment sites, or just listen to the many stories.
Beautiful knife!

Hey Pappy,
This week my home town got hit by the big snow and ice front that has been crossing the U.S. The ice has caused a lot of power lines and trees to come tumbling down. Wednesday morning when I woke the damage was amazing and I was out in my yard trying to clean up what I could when my neighbor came home from work and found his driveway blocked by a huge limb that had fallen. Instead of working on his driveway we decided to ride around the neiborhood to assess the damage and help out anyone else who needed it. I love playing in the snow. We did help two different stranded drivers and got them on there way and I did help him clean up his driveway. But the amazing thing was that there were at least three other groups of guys riding around the neighborhood and helping out wherever needed. Also when a car on my street would get stranded I would see other neighbors coming out to help. I never realised what a great neighborhood I live in. Also have my mother and sister staying with me because their electricity is out but so far this has been fun.

Wow, what a wonderful thing to do Pappy.

A few years ago there was a major flood here in NH. many people lost their home and possessions and did so within a Month or so from XMAS. I read about one family in the Newspaper who had their home destroyed and was forced to move to a Town several miles away. They had no flood insurance and no money after paying the security deposit and first Months rent for a dump of an Apartment to replace the Xmas gifts for their two young boys. Eventhough I was absolutely flat broke, and I mean broke. I found out where they lived and I took a cash advance from a Credit card for $750. I drove to the Apartment building and knocked on the door. The Mrs. opened the door and I made certain they were the family I wanted to help. They were and after I explained to them I had read the article in the paper and wanted to help the kids have a nice Christmas. I handed her the cash, wished them happy holidays and left without ever telling them my name.
Eventhough I was now really flat-assed broke I felt great helping out a family in need.

Even if this wasn't a contest I'd still post to say that's a nice knife.

Tomorrow I'm volunteering to judge the Middle School Science Fair. Not a big deal to many folks, but I hate kids so this is really "going above and beyond" for me. Missing a day's pay for it too.

Great giveaway
My good deed
I have been bushhoging the place next to me because the owner is down with his back and can,t do it himself.

Very nice gesture, Pappy!
John Howser is a wonderful Friend & he makes a fine slip joint!
There are many Folks here that "do & give" on a daily basis...
I Thank God every day for the Friends that gather here.

I am having my floors resanded to the tune of $2000 just because I know the guy a bit and he needed the job to keep the business floating a little more.

I am having my floors resanded to the tune of $2000 just because I know the guy a bit and he needed the job to keep the business floating a little more.

Perfessr that's mighty good of you :thumbup:

Tonight I went to my church with my wife & we helped with a sleepover for the homeless.Cooked in the kitchen & made bag lunches for them when they leave tomorrow.
We brought some warm jackets & extra stuff (clothing) we had,and I put together another pile to go back in the A.M.
Just some good people down on their luck & it seems there is a lot of this going around these days.
I'm glad to help,if I can
-Vince

This is awesome Pappy! Some of my kind acts.....During my work day on Thursday, I drove from Agoura Hills over Kaanan Dume road to Malibu to buy a mirror on Craigs list for my wife during my lunch break. I showed up at her work and was showing her the mirror through her office window as I stood in the planter like a big dork...., heavy wrought iron with beveled glass. She said the fact that I went out of my way to make her happy was really special. Every Wednesday night, I pick up our friends daughters from Boys and Girls club of Simi Valley because she works late that night. Since we are raising 5 kids, another 2 to feed is not really much of an impact. When the girls mother picks up her girls, she usually has a dinner plate waiting for her as well. My wife makes sure of that. It is a blessing to minister to others, since we have so much.

God bless you and yours Pappy!

My wife and I are foster parents for children with emotional or learning disabilities.

We have shared our home with 15 children over the last 10 years. During the months of November & December we had three boys staying with us ( all brothers), their parents can't take care of them and are being taught how to be parents.

I'm a Mason and an Eagle Scout, good deeds are my stock in trade. :)

Let's see... Volunteered to be the candidate for my York Rite Chapter's inspection last week, as they didn't have anyone lined up. 4 hours and some difficult memorization later, I'd say they did pretty well. It was hard to give the time, but they needed help. :)

I just got picked in another giveaway. So I won't be greedy and enter;). I just wanted to say how I impressed I am with the calibre of the people in this forum.

God Bless

Congrats Cutslikeakris. Your jesture to your neighbor should be very rewarding to you.:thumbup:

Congrats to the winner!!:thumbup: You are 1 lucky person!
Thank You Pappy for an over the top knife being givin-away & a great contest format.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back