• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

John Lloyd Mammoth Jack *Sold*

VCM3

Dealer / Materials Provider
Platinum Member
Here is a 4.25" closed English style Jack , by John Lloyd. It has magnificent mammoth ivory handle scales , the color is outrageous.Spear point blade is really nice ,with a great swedge at the tip section. Opened up size is 7-5/8". The blade measures 3.25" with 3" of cutting edge. Blade & spring are 52100. Hollow grind,long pull & satin finish on the blade. Real nice thin grind,razor sharp. Glass smooth action,pull is a 5 & I can pinch this open. Spring is flush with the liners in all half stop positions & the blade centers perfect,closed . Liners are ss and mill relieved,pins are ss. Bolster & cap,ss & the bolster is radiused in the front & beveled too. Fancy inlaid ss shield is pinned as well. A very well built , full size pocket knife,with all the bells and whistles. The icing on the cake here is the mammoth ,though.You will not find mammoth like it on another ,I'd bet
This wonderful knife by John will ship to you in a fleece lined padded leather case.

>> Sold , Thank You

DSCN1160_zps34821bca.jpg

DSCN1162_zps35804a98.jpg

DSCN1163_zpsa6f1b558.jpg

DSCN1166_zpsc2f92a76.jpg

DSCN1169_zps96f79d73.jpg

DSCN1170_zpsa7c85d88.jpg

DSCN1173_zpse8a91f1b.jpg

Last edited:
thats a nicely done Lloyd, Vince! Someone is going to be very happy with that!

thats a nicely done Lloyd, Vince! Someone is going to be very happy with that!
Thanks Randy. This is the maker,if you want a high end handmade slip joint ,without the crazy price. At my asking,on this,it is a bargain. Please note,the prices of the Lloyd folders have increased slightly,across the board,but still remain an outstanding bargain. :thumbup:

If this one's still here by payday, it's mine.

I've been loving my stag shadow trapper wharncliffe from a few weeks ago Vince.

If this one's still here by payday, it's mine.

I've been loving my stag shadow trapper wharncliffe from a few weeks ago Vince.

Good to hear this . I'll hold on this one for you , if you'd like. Thanks

Vince, if waiting til the 21st isn't too much to ask it would be greatly appreciated.

Not a problem,we are interested in forming relationships & delivering satisfaction,and not in a rush to do it On Hold for SN Thanks

Vince, you guys are class acts.

Relationship is dead on, as I can see a long relationship forming with these wonderful knives by John.

I don't drink, smoke or gamble. My addiction is these knives haha.

Vince, you guys are class acts.

Relationship is dead on, as I can see a long relationship forming with these wonderful knives by John.

I don't drink, smoke or gamble. My addiction is these knives haha.

Well,I always tell guys...

In the morning,after a knife 'bender" , unlike other vice's , you'll have your knives ;) No empty bottles or cigarette boxes

Hey Vince, I can't pm you for some reason.

Hopefully this isn't too forward of me to post here...

Hey Vince,

Well payday came and I'm ready to get my mammoth jack that's been on hold!

Two questions:

1) Would you consider throwing in the red tennite and Damascus Lanny clip for $235 along with the English jack for a total of $635?

2) How does one go about commissioning John for a custom piece? I have an idea I'd love to see John execute and think it's a reasonable project. Nothing fancy, just something that would tickle *my* fancy.

Thanks friend!

Back