Jumbo trapper

Here is a Camillus 716 model with double locking blades. These are the 'brain child' of Phil Gibbs. They were only made for 2 years, 1990-91 era at the Camillus plant. A well thought out model. So, glad we have these. DM
West716.jpg
West716a.jpg

Here is a picture of Camillus small Trapper model ccc-5. The handle and blades are the shape of the large Trapper just about 30% smaller
and instead of a lanyard sleeve at the opposite end. It has a brass pin. I think this knife fits in a slot of 'a useful size'. I can see this model
working nicely as a bird & trout or a small game knife. i.e. squirrel & rabbit knife. A handy size. DM
CamillusSmTrap.jpg
The other side.
CamillusSmTrap2.jpg

Ok, thanks. I'll go back through the paperwork and try to find that number. DM

Last edited:
No, it never appears on the box, paperwork or knife. This is the inside factory number of the pattern that is used in production.

Great set! :thumbsup:
But you need one more ;)
ACtC-3fVfYRKQK-QHwAXLKySTzzywntWVU3lFrk-MM796dvfHbDhmw21bHXIlv2mwmgz5-ua9QU1etnRigc2vWzjNQ8ebk4FYV6fs5CH5xCC5_FB1FLe3RuK3pYtkIcSeDxMJm1eFPu-EpUChssn9xvVDF37=w1024-h768-no

bucklife, thanks for posting your set of large Trappers. Handsome.
Those Camillus cartridge knives are awesome. DM

Thanks David I figured you would see them here I didn’t want to take the other thread off course, you notice anything odd about the 45-70 there is a lot of differences, compared to my others.

The lanyard hole sleeve is inset. Not protruding. But I've seen that before. What others? DM

I think it’s unfinished or a parts knife the pins are not flush and the larger pin is not pinged. Neither the bone or bolsters have been polished

Without the silk screen it could be. My Buck parts Trapper was like that. So, that's the one I carry and use. Still, a great example. DM

Back