Junk Yard Dog II, Get one now ;-)

Thanks, they were quickly done, but that Canon G7 makes it pretty easy to
get good photos!

And the knife, wow, very sharp, push cutting the blade is wide and not too thin
but the bevels are such that it will go through material like a stack of leather
without blinking, nice!

G2

Great to hear the JYD's are pleasing.

Look for some variations of both sizes of the Dogs over the next month or so. Will keep you all posted with details and specs.

Thomas, can you say if any of the JYD2 variations might have a slimmer profile or rather thinner scales than the one currently produced ? Maybe a frame lock instead of the liner lock ?

I would like to have one to possibly carry at work, but need one a little thinner for that. :grumpy:

Thomas, can you say if any of the JYD2 variations might have a slimmer profile or rather thinner scales than the one currently produced ? Maybe a frame lock instead of the liner lock ?

I would like to have one to possibly carry at work, but need one a little thinner for that. :grumpy:
CARman, the short run variations that will hit the market over the next 60 days will be more flavor changes, than construction changes.

Boutique runs of an all black version (G-10 and blade finish) in both plain and combo edge are slated. No steel changes or frame locks have been ordered as of today.

How big is the closed JYD II as compared to say...a Spyderco ATR or Manix?

I was holding both the manix and the JYD2 the other night. They are very close in size and weight. Both very hefty.

My dad wants a replacement for his Black Horse that got stolen; Would this be good?

Thanks for the info Thomas. Maybe I'll just have order one and see how much thicker it is than the JYD1.

No one in my little town carries the JYD2 to compare the JYD1 with. I was lucky that I found the JYD1 here.

My dad wants a replacement for his Black Horse that got stolen; Would this be good?

The JYD II is a totally different knife compared to the Black Horse, but if he's open to a more modern design then he'll love the Junkyard Dog II. I certainly love mine. :thumbup:

DSCN2170.jpg

Well, I'm a bit knife shy right now in my collection, nothing really to
lay next to it to compare, but here it is along side a Motorola Razor phone
and a #2 pencil

jyd2-1.jpg

G2

The JYD II is a large knife and fills the hand quite well. I don't own a Kershaw Black Horse, but I'm familiar with the model and the handle lengths are about the same. Overall blade length should be about equal as well, but the JYD II's blade is wider. Here are a couple of size comparisons with some common mid-sized knives.

JYD II & Gerber Crusader
DSCN2177.jpg

JYD II & Böker Trance
DSCN2174.jpg

Wow! a lot of great pics in this post!:thumbup: that JYD II looks awesome!

Jules

Thanks, here's one more, taken along side my new watch ;)

jyd_sinn.jpg

G2

How big is the closed JYD II as compared to say...a Spyderco ATR or Manix?

Weighs more than the Ti ATR, but takes up roughly the same amount of space. About the same thickness and weight as the Manix, but not as wide closed. The pocketclip (righty tip-down only) is very conspicuous on the pocket, but feels natural in hand (left or right) and is much more comfortable than the pocketclip on the Manix during forceful use.

Gary,

Although it's been said many times, many ways:

Great pics, man. Thanks for sharing them! :thumbup:

I just bought one on the BFC Exchange and am looking forward to arrival. Thanks for all the great pics!

CARman, the short run variations that will hit the market over the next 60 days will be more flavor changes, than construction changes.

Boutique runs of an all black version (G-10 and blade finish) in both plain and combo edge are slated. No steel changes or frame locks have been ordered as of today.

Which stores are you going to ship these runs to? I'm very interested. An all black JYD II would look sweet.

Back