Just a few pics of my new Espada XL

RL

I have always liked the Espada XL but never got around to buying one until a couple of days ago. Recent visits to a great store in my hometown of Montreal just pushed me over the edge lol.

A couple of months ago, I visited Camouflage and they had one in stock for me to play with

i-GVFFmHr-X2.jpg

But at the time I was looking for a “tactical cane” and went with that instead (lol I know my technique isn’t perfect in this pic…just mugging for the camera)

i-LcjfgLV-X2.jpg

Fast forward to two days ago and I was back in Montreal and planned to stop in to get that Espada I left behind last time (as well as a Trench Hawk for my Lady!). Fortunately they still had one in stock!

See it’s not so big, disappears right in your pocket.

i-VBsg3c4-XL.jpg

i-Z5gkg7B-XL.jpg

i-sPmQGBt-XL.jpg

Seems tiny next to my buddy’s EDC lol

i-CbW4Rjr-XL.jpg

Now for some closeups

i-vxtzwbB-XL.jpg

i-ZbzR8zK-XL.jpg

i-gJ9Lq4s-XL.jpg

i-ZPtT4qv-XL.jpg

Compared to an Opinel 13

i-c2R4Z6d-XL.jpg

So far I love it. The lock is super stiff and hard to depress but from my research they all seem to be this way until they work in. I plan to get the S35V version as well and will also take another look at the large size one.

RL

Nice knife Congrats I have one myself. you can open them in a range of different ways. I have a fancy version S35VN in a large size and while quite beautiful it is somewhat slick and harder to hold onto compared to the plain model. I like your buddies shop it looks like he has quite a few toys hanging around. Thanks for sharing. 👍

thanks! I have seen the higher version and hope to get that one as well :)

Camouflage has locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. I have been to both in Toronto plus the one in Montreal and that one is my favourite. I have more pics of the store but didnt know if i should post those here.

RL

Congrats on your XL Espada! CS needs to bring back the medium Espada! That Opinel 13 looks huge…got an Opinel 9 myself

Reactions: RL
thanks! yeah i need all the Espadas lol..what was the length on the medium, 3.5"?

What the heck, did a Google search and this popped up….when were these last available, anybody know?

They were gone by the end of 2019. I know because I sent an e-mail to Cold Steel then asking about them and the representative who responded said that he and several other Cold Steel employees regretted not buying one earlier in the year when they were still available.

In addition to tan ("coyote"), they were also available with black, green, and (very briefly) gray handles with the DLC blades.

-Steve

They were gone by the end of 2019. I know because I sent an e-mail to Cold Steel then asking about them and the representative who responded said that he and several other Cold Steel employees regretted not buying one earlier in the year when they were still available.

In addition to tan ("coyote"), they were also available with black, green, and (very briefly) gray handles with the DLC blades.

-Steve
Thanks for the info. If they are re-released, it will be on the top of my list to purchase.

Reactions: RL
Back