Just bought a bugout…

Nice configuration, I like the lanyard cutout in the scales rather than using a backspacer. How’s the 20CV working out?
When I configured the knife through the custom shop could have also went with M4 or for an addition $10 S90V, I like the Benchmade 20CV good edge retention and isn't a pain in the rear to sharpen so that was my 1st choice and no regrets.

Maybe I should have gotten the upgraded scales because I was severely underwhelmed by this knife. Oh, it's perfectly usable; well put together, very sharp, quick to open, extremely easy to carry. But it just feels cheap...like Jarbenza cheap. I like it, but I don't love it and knives I don't love don't get carried much and this one is already out of the rotation😢

My growing Bugout family so far:
LouxkIC.jpeg

The 535-3 is my favorite of the production Bugouts.

Last edited:
Maybe I should have gotten the upgraded scales because I was severely underwhelmed by this knife. Oh, it's perfectly usable; well put together, very sharp, quick to open, extremely easy to carry. But it just feels cheap...like Jarbenza cheap. I like it, but I don't love it and knives I don't love don't get carried much and this one is already out of the rotation😢

The standard scales are pretty flexible, for an average user it wouldn’t make a whit of practical difference. People either love it or hate it.

Last edited:
Some people just don't mesh with FRN and/or ultralight construction. They can't get around the "feel". I don't mind it but I can understand those who do. If it's not what you want, sell it and buy what you do want. Plenty of awesome knives out there.

If upgrading scales, Benchmade's carbon fiber is some of the nicest I've seen on a production knife. Really adds to a knife.

When I configured the knife through the custom shop could have also went with M4 or for an addition $10 S90V, I like the Benchmade 20CV good edge retention and isn't a pain in the rear to sharpen so that was my 1st choice and no regrets.

Might have to try one from the Custom Shop.

Last edited:
Back