Just finished making my first knife!!

It took me like 2 months of on/off work after school but its finally done!
Blade is O2 steel and handle is Rosewood i bought
Guard is some stainless and spacer is same O2 steel
Always wanted a knife like this but they are all pricey, so i decided to make my own

I also made my first sheath (wet molded with vacum) for it from some brown leather i bought,
guard and spacer are stonewashed and i also did a little filework on spacer with small files my father has.

oh and i heat treated it in regular campfire with hair dryer attached to a steel pipe, quenched in sunflower oil. Heated to nonmagnetic and tempered at 250C for 2 hours in home oven. Blade doesnt bend or chip so i guess i nailed it hah

That's a *very* impressive first effort!! Fit & finish look flawless. Great matching of materials to design. Your file work adds a nice little visual pop to the spacer. Sheath is equally well done.

That's a knife you can be justly proud of. I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment.

Thanks a lot guys, there are some imperfections but i am very happy with how it turned out.
Imperfections are what make it yours- if you cranked out a perfect item, you'd be spending oodles of time and energy doing what a machine could pump out in a fraction of the time.

The most important thing is that it turned out how you imagined it should.

M mihaelx - that knife is as beautiful as it is bad ass. Great job on that piece. Seeing that post makes me want to get off my ass and start making something. Please keep the pics coming. Looking forward to seeing what else you build 👍👍

Fantastic job........ Keep up the good work!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing what's next!!!!😉.
Best of luck with your future endeavors!!!!👍

Very good first knife, you will improve nicely if any thing after this one is an indication of your skills.

Thanks, i watched every single of video of kyle royer and tyrell knifeworks and a bunch of others, im filled with their knowledge hahaha

Very impressive. You really have talent and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Back