Just got BK2.....lol now it's stuck in the sheath

Anyone have this issue? I had to press my bk2 pretty hard to get it all the way in the sheath and it made a loud clicking sound. But now no matter what I do other than getting the pry bar out I can't get the knife out.

Any help please? :)

Anyone have this issue? I had to press my bk2 pretty hard to get it all the way in the sheath and it made a loud clicking sound. But now no matter what I do other than getting the pry bar out I can't get the knife out.

did you put it in backwards?

i'd tie the end of the sheath to a non moving non breakable, and then tug on the knife handle firmly and sanely to get the knife out. ther's no locking retention or anything, so it should come out.

maybe you got one of the new 3/8th inch thick models but the wrong sheath ;)

The best thing to do is just throw it in a box and send it to me.

ok, I pulled very hard and finally got it out. I hope it's not supposed to be like this every time. The only screws I see to loosen are for the belt loop.

It's coming out easier after 3-4 times, but still way harder than it should. It would be difficult if this were on your belt, no way you could get it out with one hand.

I still love it though! Man it's so thick. My first 1/4 inch blade, I'm so proud. I just don't know what to name it yet.

Ok, it's about right now. I was worried there for a sec. I didn't think it was coming out after the first time I put it in (that's what she said, yea yea), but after about 10 times it still feels tight, but tight in a good way; I won't have to ever worry about it coming out.

I could shake it all day long upside down and it wouldn't budge. But still if it was on my belt I would have to hold the sheath with one hand while I pull the blade out with the other.....or just pull up real hard.

Oh well, I got my favorite blade finally. It was the BK11 since I started collecting and this is the first one to beat it, now it's BK2, BK11, BK7, etc......

Ok, it's about right now. I was worried there for a sec. I didn't think it was coming out after the first time I put it in (that's what she said, yea yea), but after about 10 times it still feels tight, but tight in a good way; I won't have to ever worry about it coming out.

I could shake it all day long upside down and it wouldn't budge. But still if it was on my belt I would have to hold the sheath with one hand while I pull the blade out with the other.....or just pull up real hard.

Oh well, I got my favorite blade finally. It was the BK11 since I started collecting and this is the first one to beat it, now it's BK2, BK11, BK7, etc......

Yea it is pretty tight the first time. :eek: At first I wasn't too sure either, but now it's great.

the thumb ramp on the sheath is there so you can aid it with your thumb while pulling it out, this is a one hander............................................................

the only thing I do not like about the BK2 is the sheath, screws, grips and the blade other than that the knife is outstanding..!!;)

ok cool. Well I like the kydex part of it better than the nylon. Hopefully it will loosen up a bit more as it already had a bit. I wish the other's above it came with kydex. My favorite sheath ever is the Bk11.

But I read a post where a guy said if he shook his bk2 upside down it would fall out, so I think it must loosen up with time.

Mine is not prohibitive in removing the knife, but you need to be deliberate. I use the thumb ramp and give a strong initial pull to get it moving.

I had the same problem.
I got rid of the sheath and purchased a kydex sheath.
It was also really tight so I used a hair dryer( my wifes ) to soften up the kydex and then pulled the knife out a little bit and let it cool and reform, now its perfect for me.

I had the same problem.
I got rid of the sheath and purchased a kydex sheath.
It was also really tight so I used a hair dryer( my wifes ) to soften up the kydex and then pulled the knife out a little bit and let it cool and reform, now its perfect for me.

Nice try, pretty boi, we all know it was your hair dryer. Probably came outta your makeup case. Tighten up your skirt Sally, your husband will be home soon.

:D

Moose

Back