Just got my ARC AAA LED--Awesome!

I just got a turquoise ARC AAA LED Keychain Light from Texas Tactical Supply and tried it out in my basement. I've never tried a turquoise LED light before and I can't believe a light this small and lightweight can perform so well on regular AAA batteries. Two thumbs up!

I have an ARC LE and love it. I have been a dedicated Photon user for years but, this light has kicked it off my keychain. That says a lot because I love my Photon 2's.

Cheap AAA batteries, durable as can be, and a lot of light! :cool:

My wife and I each have the standard Arc AAA. The photon II is still on my keys but it's only used as a back-up. I wouldn't buy another. I WOULD buy another Arc AAA in a heartbeat if I happened to lose mine.

I put a pocket clip from a AAA maglite on my Arc AAA. This allows me to clip it to the brim of a ball cap for hands-free use.

I also glued a tiny (1/16" x 1/16") piece of super glow-in-the-dark Alien Skin on the inside of the reflector. If I use the light for more than 30 seconds, the Alien Skin will hold the glow all night making the Arc AAA easy to find. (I have this stuff on all my lights. (this is not your regular ol' glow-in-the-dark novelty stuff!!!)

Alien Skin

Scott

Scott Ridgeway Photography

I sold my Arc-LE and replaced it with a CPF edition Arc-AAA (basically a navy blue HA Are-LE with my name engraved on it):cool: I love those little lights! ...now if only someone started making lithium AAAs... :)

I've already ordered Normark's Micro Rig for the ARC AAA LED and a Neck Rig for my Victorinox Outrider. I'm also trying to get him to make a Micro Rig for Solo's waterproof Storm lighter.

I got the ARC AAA LED light as a backup for the Petzl Tikka I use backpacking. Both use AAAs, so if the Tikka craps out for any reason (besides dead batteries) I can use the batteries in the ARC.

I also recommend Petzl's Tikka/Zipka. I once hiked for several hours on a dark and cloudy night by the light of my Tikka.

Does anybody know if the Arc AAA is brighter than the double battery Photons?
Thanks,
Lenny

For what it's worth the LED Museum gives the Photon 3 a "10" for brightness. The ARC got a 9 for initial brightness and and a 10 for long-term brightness, so the Photon might be a little brighter at least initially.

Yes Lenny...though perhaps it will not be obvious at first - Photons seem very bright initially, but after running them for 2-3 minutes constantly, their output drops off noticeably. The Arc-AAAs don't have that problem (regulated) and when they begin to die, you can quickly swap in a new AAA.

Hey Diletante,

I use a similar set-up: PT Matrix headlamp and a CMG Infinity for a backup (both use AAs, and lithiums at that :)). I reckon that I'll continue this system until Arc starts to make an inexpensive long-life AA light. Note, I usually also have a SF M2 or E2e / Inova X5 combo nearby (both use 123s)...

Probably the G2 with the brighter lamp. I'd only use it when I needed the extra brightness. I've seen them for less than $50.

Originally posted by Warriorsociologist
Note, I usually also have a SF M2 or E2e / Inova X5 combo nearby (both use 123s)...
I carry the E2 and Inova X5 also, and my Inova is running very nicely with depleted batteries from the E2 (free light!) :D (thanks to Chris for the X5!)

Ordered 2 ARC AAA's and 2 X5's...just waiting for them to come in. Giving 1 of each to my dad. Ever notice how parents always seem to have a crappy 2 D cell flashlight with dead batteries in a drawer?

Figure that won't be as big a problem with the shelf life of lithiums. :D

Gonna have to remember to keep the "dead" batteries from my E2e for the X5...cool tip!

Never grew up...my toys just cost more now. :p

Back