Just ordered a Swisschamp!

I always thought the Swisschamp was really cool so I finally ordered one. I know it's not very practical as far as carry, but I plan on throwing it in my backpack. Does anybody else like the Swisschamp and use it? Post pictures if you have them!

I always thought the Swisschamp was really cool so I finally ordered one. I know it's not very practical as far as carry, but I plan on throwing it in my backpack. Does anybody else like the Swisschamp and use it? Post pictures if you have them!

For years, that was my only SAK, and over time I used very implement on it except for the back mounted small slotted driver. I carried it in the Vic belt pouch everywhere it wasn't prohibited. Nowadays, however, I have gone lighter, with a Tinker or Sportsman in one pocket, and a Leatherman Micra in the other, which pretty much covers my daily needs now that I'm an older guy. But it always goes with me when traveling. It's a great pocket tool. You should love it. Be prepared to show it off to kids. They are always fascinated.

For years, that was my only SAK, and over time I used very implement on it except for the back mounted small slotted driver. I carried it in the Vic belt pouch everywhere it wasn't prohibited. Nowadays, however, I have gone lighter, with a Tinker or Sportsman in one pocket, and a Leatherman Micra in the other, which pretty much covers my daily needs now that I'm an older guy. But it always goes with me when traveling. It's a great pocket tool. You should love it. Be prepared to show it off to kids. They are always fascinated.

That is awesome my friend! I'm really looking forward to getting my Swisschamp!

I have carried, and still carry, a swiss champ in my pocket, every day, for over 3 decades. I don't know what is impractical about carrying one. Any smaller SAK, sooner or later, leaves one wishing for a tool, the knife doesn't have.

O.B.

Congrats! It's a great SAK.....have lots of pix but here's a recent one.

Swiss%20Champ%20GN%201-29-17_zps94zcqkrs.jpg

+1 on the Swiss Champ! I love the two I have. One stays in the truck and the other is my go-to,around the house, project carry. I carry it in a belt sheath a lot. I also hang it in my front pocket on a small lanyard hooked on a carabiner which is clipped to my belt loop. I also carry it this way when backpacking. I have used all of the tools at one time or another, including the "fish scaler" ( makes a good emergency fork!). One thing that I really like is the fact that it fits my extra large hands very well, providing a nice solid grip.

I have carried, and still carry, a swiss champ in my pocket, every day, for over 3 decades. I don't know what is impractical about carrying one. Any smaller SAK, sooner or later, leaves one wishing for a tool, the knife doesn't have.

O.B.

Age, good buddy. Comes a point when you just want to lighten the load. Also, a number of implements formerly indispensible became less so. Example; the magnifier was something I used a lot to examine negatives (I'm a photographer), but after switching to digital, hardly ever used it. However, I have 5 different SAKs, but if I were restricted to only one, the S'champ would have to be it, if for no other reason than if I were bored, it's more fun to play with :D .

QiJUeHQ.jpg

It's my favorite SAK. I've had mine for about ten years now I think.
It's not very practical to carry, although not impossible. I am thinking of making belt sheath for it soonish, as I would like to carry it in the woods too.

Congrats!
Nothing quite like having a tool with everything.
Peace of mind is assured in knowing that
Nothing will ever be considered insurmountable, now.
One thing I do know is that such a fat knife
Never fails to draw lots of interest
whenever it comes out in the open.
Enjoy the 15 minutes of fame it brings!
I gotta admit that its more fun than an executive toy
In more ways than one.

I bought the translucent red version because I didn't have a SAK in that color, should be here any minute now!

My first Vic was a SwissChamp! They are a lot of fun and there's not much you can't do with one. I think the only tool I haven't used is the fish scaler, but I have used the ruler in the scaler.

Age, good buddy. Comes a point when you just want to lighten the load. Also, a number of implements formerly indispensible became less so. Example; the magnifier was something I used a lot to examine negatives (I'm a photographer), but after switching to digital, hardly ever used it. However, I have 5 different SAKs, but if I were restricted to only one, the S'champ would have to be it, if for no other reason than if I were bored, it's more fun to play with :D .

Age is exactly why the magnifier, that was rarely used when I was young, sees a lot more use nowadays. The old eyes just can't read the fine print like they used to.:)

O.B.

My first Vic was a SwissChamp! They are a lot of fun and there's not much you can't do with one. I think the only tool I haven't used is the fish scaler, but I have used the ruler in the scaler.

My fish scaler ruler also gets used, but so does the scaler itself as a probe for things I can't or don't want to touch. Once or twice, I used it as a pickle fork (after washing it thoroughly first ;) .) But after one ugly experience, I would never use it for scaling fish. It took days to get the stink out of the works. If I ever have to use the S'champ for that purpose again, I'd use the knife blade instead.

QiJUeHQ.jpg

It's my favorite SAK. I've had mine for about ten years now I think.
It's not very practical to carry, although not impossible. I am thinking of making belt sheath for it soonish, as I would like to carry it in the woods too.

Belt sheath is the way to go. That's how I carried mine in the nylon one Vic sells. My first was the leather "Zermatt," a well made sheath, but kind of a lump. The nylon was much more comfortable, although not as long lasting, but cheap to replace, which I only had to do once.

Shopping for a replacement, in fact, was what got me into other SAKs. I found one for a closeout sale bundled with a Tinker for almost the same price as the sheath alone, so I nabbed it. At first, I just put the Tinker away and continued carrying the S'champ, but at some point I got to exploring the minimalist approach, and then it was the old familiar slide into excess, if you know what I mean. After a flurry of try-outs, I settled down to the five in my current set-up; S'champ, OH Trekker, Super Tinker w/Plus scales and accessories, Sportsman and Rambler, matched to my expectations for the day. It's been a few years now, and working out great. My son has the Tinker, which gets nothing but abuse. It looks ugly, but still functions.

I have a Swiss Champion (pre-dates the SwissChamp) that is about 25 years old. It was gifted to me in Cambodia in 1992 and has traveled the world since then.

SwissChampion1.JPG

SwissChampion2.JPG

SwissChampion3.JPG

Last edited:
Back