Just wondering if anyone can guess the maker? Blade is marked C H and the grip says "Tina '98"

seths_ma

Gold Member
Just hoping someone recognizes the maker. Thanks!

Attachments

• knife22.jpg
    knife22.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3
  • knife11.jpg
    knife11.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 3
Oh man, I recall reading about a knife maker who offered as an option scrimshaw work by his wife. Can't recall the name.

The scrimshaw looks like the work of Tina Hanson, the wife of knife maker Don Hanson. Tina Hanson sometimes signs her work "Tina" with two numbers after indicating the year. I see her scrimshaw work on knives made by other knife makers as well as on some made by her husband.

Don Hanson has a website- sunfishforge.com. You might contact him and inquire about the knife, although I don't believe it's one of his. But his wife might know, if it's her scrimshaw.

Here's an example of one of Don Hansons knives with scrimshaw from his wife. It doesn't show in the pic (can't do a good close-up), but it's signed "Tina '99".

LZJ93C5.jpg

Last edited:
The scrimshaw looks like the work of Tina Hanson, the wife of knife maker Don Hanson. Tina Hanson sometimes signs her work "Tina" with two numbers after indicating the year. I see her scrimshaw work on knives made by other knife makers as well as on some made by her husband.

Don Hanson has a website- sunfishforge.com. You might contact him and inquire about the knife, although I don't believe it's one of his. But his wife might know, if it's her scrimshaw.

Here's an example of one of Don Hansons knives with scrimshaw from his wife. It doesn't show in the pic (can't do a good close-up), but it's signed "Tina '99".

LZJ93C5.jpg
Wow, seems like a pretty good guess!

LZJ93C5.jpg
Oh Wow! That's fantastic information. I'd say she definitely scrimshawed it. Says " Tina '98 " Now I just need to figure out who the knife maker is. It's definitely a C H . Thank you very much for the information! Vastly Appreciate it!

LZJ93C5.jpg
THANK YOU ! I just emailed them to see if they could tell me who "C H" is! Huge Huge help.

Back